Considerations When Choosing Roadside Assistance Plans:
- Check what coverage is availabile with your current insurance provider. Don't buy something you already have.
- Where is the service available? Don’t get caught broken down out of your services range.
- What is their reputation for quick response time? You’ll want a service that is known for its timely help.
- Can you manage your account quickly and easily? Are there online features?
- Is there overseas coverage? Yes, some even follow you abroad.
- The customer service should be responsive and helpful.
#1 AllState Motorclub
- On time grantee
- Competitive subscription price
- Helpful mobile app
- Add family members to your plan
- Trip interruption coverage
- Special RV coverage
- Only $100 benefit for basic plan
#2 Good Sam
- Very competitive pricing
- Special coverage for RVs
- Unlimited distance towing
- Rewards offered if your vehicle is stolen
- Discounts at AAMCO
- Discounts for signing up for longer memberships
- Slightly out of date website
- Everyone in your household is covered
- Competitively priced
- Ability to trace call location in order to find you quickly
- Lock out assistance for both car and home
- Travel perks for hotels and car rentals
- Entire family covered without additional cost
- Reports of long wait times in certain areas
- Large network of agents across the US
- Excellent customer service
- Help desk is available 24/7
- Manage your account online
- Sign up is easy, and the website is easy to navigate
- Additional coverage if you travel overseas
- AAA agents may be slow during peak times
#5 Better World Club
- Competitive pricing
- Eco-friendly focused company
- Offers bike, RV and fleet coverage
- Two plan choices
- New membership fees
- Additional fees for Motorcycles and RVs
Every now and then, car insurance companies like to rewrite the rules of emergency road service, introducing new fees and services that drivers may want or reject. But if you choose one of the best roadside assistance programs, you won’t have to worry about your auto insurance tricking you when it comes to emergency road service. The annual fee you pay for roadside assistance is minimal and worth it, believe me. Things to look for when you comparison shop for breakdown coverage include the annual fee required, the variety of services offered, and the towing or mechanical help that is often provided when the vehicle is disabled.