AT&T bring your own phone plans in October
AT&T bring your own phone benefits
MVNOs are smaller carriers that buy space on the large networks and sell it to you at cheaper prices. Most of these mobile providers operate solely online, which means they don't have the high costs of overhead and marketing that the big guys have.
There are a ton of advantages to switching to a cheap AT&T cell phone plan:
- The same reliable service you know and love on the AT&T network.
- Cheap rates - typically more than 50% off on your monthly plan.
- No contracts or credit checks - switch whenever you want.
- Custom plans - only pay for what you need.
- Bring your phone and keep your number.
- Highly rated customer service.
- Easy online signup.
AT&T unlimited data plan prices
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||Unlimited||$75||$900|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
AT&T vs Pure Talk Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $619 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Pure Talk||AT&T 4G LTE||4GB||$25/mo||$281/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$619/yr|
AT&T BYOP plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since AT&T MVNOs are all powered by the AT&T network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
AT&T BYOP plans comparison
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||0GB||$10|
AT&T BYOP plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest AT&T unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest AT&T family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Prepaid plans: AT&T prepaid plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best AT&T plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap AT&T basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest AT&T tablet data plan or iPad.
- Kids plans: MVNOs offer the best AT&T plans for kids because you can tailor them to exactly what you want your child to have.
- Senior plans: Senior citizens often have different cell phone needs. Compare cheap AT&T plans for seniors for the perfect fit.
Keep your AT&T cell phone & network coverage
Switching is simple:
- Pick a carrier powered by AT&T. The best provider for you will be the one with the features and plans that fit your wireless needs and your budget.
- Check AT&T bring your own phone compatibility. You can easily check compatibility on carrier websites. For the AT&T network, you'll need a GSM phone. GSM devices are phones designed for use on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- Sign up and order a SIM card kit. Bringing your own phone is as easy and ordering your prepaid SIM card activation kit and popping it in.
AT&T BYOP carriers list
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
AT&T BYOP plan FAQs
Does AT&T have a bring your own phone plan?
Yes, you can bring your own phone to an AT&T plan. To save more money you can choose from a selection of AT&T MVNOs like Unreal Mobile and Pure Talk. Offering low cost plans running on the same nationwide network.
Can you just swap SIM cards on AT&T phones?
As long as your phone is compatible with AT&T you can swap SIM cards easily. Check your phone's compatibility with our IMEI checker.
What other carriers are compatible with AT&T?
Bring your own phone is a great idea if you want to save money the most money when you switch carriers.
Switching to an AT&T MVNO can save you up to $600 per year on your cell phone bill. Find out how much you could be saving in three simple steps with our cell phone savings calculator.