The best cheap AT&T SIM card in October
Love the AT&T network but want to save money? A prepaid SIM card with an AT&T low cost carrier is just what you need.
MVNOs (or Mobile Virtual Network Operators) provide access to the same nationwide coverage by operating on the main US networks, but with half price plans.
We've broken down all of the AT&T MVNOs for you below so you can find your perfect prepaid plan.
Best AT&T prepaid SIM card
Good2Go Mobile is powered by the AT&T wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own AT&T phone and save up to $600 per year.
$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months
$10** 50% Off for 3 Months
$15** 50% Off for 3 Months
4G LTE coverage
No credit checks
No unlimited data options
No app interface
Coverage on the nationwide AT&T & T-Mobile networks
Prepaid cell phone plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
Bring your own phone or buy a Good2Go Mobile phone
Mobile hotspot/tethering not supported
International calling to over 60 countries available as affordable plan add-on; calling to other countries via add-on calling card
Customer service available by phone 7am - 1am EST every day
Red Pocket Mobile is powered by the AT&T wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own AT&T phone and save up to $600 per year.
$10** 50% Off First Month
$15** 50% Off First Month
$20** 50% Off First Month
$25** 50% Off First Month
Latest selection of phones
Account dashboard needs work
No 0% financing options on latest phones
Operates on all four networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon
Prepaid cell phone plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fees
Bring your own GSM or CDMA device and keep your phone number
Mobile hotspot/tethering allowed with your plan data
Free international calling to 70+ countries
Customer service available in English, Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish via chat or phone
Unreal Mobile is powered by the AT&T wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own AT&T phone and save up to $600 per year.
$10** $5 Off in 1st Month
$20** Buy 1 Month Get 2 Months Free
$30** Buy 1 Month Get 2 Months Free
$50** Buy 1 Month Get 2 Months Free
Good user account dashboard
International calling to 80+ countries
Coverage on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks
Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
14-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
Bring your own compatible device or buy an Unreal Mobile phone
Keep your phone number
Mobile hotspot/tethering unsupported
Virtual international phone number available for 25 countries
Customer service via phone from 7am - 5pm PST Monday through Friday
AT&T SIM card benefits
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high-speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
Cheap AT&T bring your own phone plans
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||0GB||$10|
Compare AT&T unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||Unlimited||$75||$900|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
AT&T vs Good2Go Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $690 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T 4G LTE||3GB||$20/mo||$210/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$55/mo||$690/yr|
Bring your own AT&T phone
Bringing your own AT&T phone to the new carrier is easier than you may think. Once you know that the AT&T coverage serves your area, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Pick a carrier. Choose the right AT&T MVNO for your usage and budget. As always, make sure you read all the fine print.
- Choose a plan. Now that you know how much data you really need you're totally in control. Pick a plan that meets your needs without costing you extra for unnecessary data.
- Check phone compatibility. This really comes down to the type of technology used on the network. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM vs CDMA which is what Sprint and Verizon Wireless use. If you already own an AT&T device you should be good to go.
AT&T compatible phones
SIM card sizes
There are three different SIM card sizes. Each has an adapter in case you want to switch to a phone with an incompatible SIM Card slot.
- Standard SIM Card - The original SIM Card size is similar to any card in your wallet. However, if you want to transfer your data to a new phone, you can take out a small portion of the SIM card to insert into another iPhone. The original iPhone along with the older iPhone 3G and 3GS all use the original SIM Card, according to Apple.
- Micro SIM Card - Micro SIM Cards were introduced with the iPhone 4 in 2010. The Micro SIM is also used in the iPhone 4s. The Micro SIM Card size is small compared to the original SIM card but not quite as small as the Nano SIM card.
- Nano SIM Card - Nano SIM Cards are the smallest SIM cards that came out in the iPhone 5 in 2013. The cards have been in every iPhone since, all the way up to the iPhone 7 Plus.
AT&T compatible iPhones
|DEVICE||SIM CARD SIZE|
|iPhone SE||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 6||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 7||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 8||Nano SIM|
|iPhone XR||Nano SIM|
|iPhone XS||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 11||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 12||Nano SIM|
AT&T compatible phones
|DEVICE||SIM CARD SIZE|
|Galaxy S7||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S8||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S9||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S10||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note8||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note9||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note10||Nano SIM|
How to remove an AT&T SIM card
To remove the SIM card from your AT&T phone all you need is the SIM card remover tool provided to you when you bought your phone, or a small paper clip.
- If using the paperclip, unfold it and gently insert the end into the small pinhole in the SIM tray.
- Press gently until the SIM tray pops up, you do not need to use much pressure.
- Pull the SIM tray out gently, be careful the SIM card does not fall out.
- Swap your SIM card over, making sure you have aligned the SIM in the correct position.
- Re-insert the SIM tray into the phone.
AT&T SIM card FAQs
Where can I buy an AT&T SIM card?
You can purchase an AT&T MVNO SIM card online.
How to activate AT&T SIM card?
Pop the new SIM card into your phone and follow the activation instructions.
How much is an AT&T prepaid SIM card?
There's a great choice of low-cost carriers running on the AT&T network with prices starting from around $10.
Does AT&T have prepaid SIM?
Yes. There are many MVNOs that operate on the AT&T network offering prepaid cell phone plans.
With such a variety of prepaid SIMs on the AT&T network there's plenty of choice for all budgets and needs.
A prepaid plan could save you up to $600 a year, and for even more savings they encourage you to bring your own phone. No need to spend your hard earned dollars on a new phone you don't need.