Cheap AT&T cell phone plans for seniors in October
Cheap AT&T senior plan benefits
MVNOs are smaller carriers that buy space on the large networks and sell it to you at cheaper prices. Most of these mobile providers operate solely online, which means they don't have the high costs of overhead and marketing that the big guys have.
There are a ton of advantages to switching to a cheap AT&T cell phone plan:
- The same reliable service you know and love on the AT&T network.
- Cheap rates - typically more than 50% off on your monthly plan.
- No contracts or credit checks - switch whenever you want.
- Custom plans - only pay for what you need.
- Bring your phone and keep your number.
- Highly rated customer service.
- Easy online signup.
AT&T unlimited data plan prices
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||Unlimited||$75||$900|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
AT&T vs Pure Talk Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $619 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Pure Talk||AT&T 4G LTE||4GB||$25/mo||$281/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$619/yr|
AT&T senior plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since AT&T MVNOs are all powered by the AT&T network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
Cheap AT&T senior plans comparison
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||0GB||$10|
AT&T senior plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest AT&T unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest AT&T family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Prepaid plans: AT&T prepaid plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best AT&T plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap AT&T basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest AT&T tablet data plan or iPad.
Keep your AT&T cell phone & network coverage
Switching is simple:
- Pick a carrier powered by AT&T. The best provider for you will be the one with the features and plans that fit your wireless needs and your budget.
- Check AT&T bring your own phone compatibility. You can easily check compatibility on carrier websites. For the AT&T network, you'll need a GSM phone. GSM devices are phones designed for use on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- Sign up and order a SIM card kit. Bringing your own phone is as easy and ordering your prepaid SIM card activation kit and popping it in.
Cheap AT&T carriers list
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
AT&T senior cell phones
If high smartphone prices have you nervous about switching to a prepaid carrier - because you'll need to bring your own device in most cases - there's a very savvy solution.
The used and refurbished smartphone market is booming, and that means price competition and great perks for you.
- Buying a prepaid AT&T phone makes switching carriers a breeze.
- Compare phone prices and save up to 25% on popular devices, like the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.
- Save even more by choosing a refurbished phone.
Best AT&T senior cell phone deals
|Apple iPhone SE||AT&T||Red Pocket||$399|
|Apple iPhone 11||AT&T||Red Pocket||$499|
|Samsung Galaxy S20||AT&T||Red Pocket||$529|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Samsung Galaxy S20+||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$699|
|Apple iPhone 12||AT&T||Red Pocket||$729|
|Apple iPhone 13||AT&T||Red Pocket||$799|
|Apple iPhone 11 Pro||AT&T||Unreal Mobile||$799|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$899|
|Apple iPhone 11 Max||AT&T||Red Pocket||$899|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$949|
AT&T senior cell phone plan FAQs
Does AT&T have a plan for senior citizens?
Although there are no specific plans for senior citizens you'll find a range of basic plans with AT&T MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). These low cost carriers operate on the AT&T network and offer affordable plans from providers such as Good2Go Mobile, Pure Talk, and Red Pocket Mobile.
Does AT&T have a senior discount plan?
Who has the best cell phone plan for seniors?
If you're over 55 and looking for a plan for you or a loved one, you'll find the best plans come from alternative carriers. When you know you get great coverage from AT&T, you can narrow your search to look at what AT&T MVNOs have to offer.
At Money Saving Pro, we've done the hard work for you. Crunching numbers and analyzing plans to find out which are the best.
If AT&T isn't giving you the best coverage, you still have options. Take a look at some of the best Verizon senior plans and T-Mobile senior plans to see if they've got a better plan offering for you.