Boom Mobile review in October
Plenty of plan options
Postpaid and prepaid offered
All taxes and fees included in pricing
Unlimited 2G data
Solid, US-based customer service
No international service on consumer accounts
Expensive for the data you get
Cluttered, non-user-friendly website
They offer cheap cell phone plans for individuals and businesses. (That could mean some major savings for your small business).
We'll walk you through Boom Mobile plans, devices, coverage and more in this guide, so you can see whether or not this company's hassle-free wireless services are the right option for you.
Ready to hear what else this MVNO has in store for you? Check out our full guide to see what Boom Mobile to offer.
Boom Mobile Prepaid Plans
BOOM MOBILE's prepaid plans give you amazing freedom – not only as an individual but as a family or business as well. They have numerous plans available to cater to whatever your needs.
Now let's see how they compare to one of the three networks they offer coverage on – Verizon.
The average Verizon unlimited plan customer only utilizes on average 4GB of data per month. That's a lot of unnecessary data. Let's compare that to Boom Mobile's 5GB plan (since they don't offer a 4GB plan).
As you can see, Switching to Boom Mobile would save you hundreds of dollars per year on your cell phone bill if you were to switch!
Not sure if 5GB of data is enough? To find out how much data you need head on over to our data usage calculator and customize your coverage without the risk.
Boom Mobile Savings
Verizon vs GreatCall Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $480 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|GreatCall||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$40/mo||$480/yr|
Boom Mobile Coverage
Boom Mobile Mobile's coverage varies from one network to the next – covering Verizon and AT&T - so you'll need to choose the right one for you.
While looking for a network that supports the use of a mobile hotspot, for example, you'll hone in on your preferences as a subscriber and take the best route for you at Boom Mobile Mobile.
You'll also need to determine whether or not your phone is compatible with the wireless services you're looking for with this carrier, so you can get connected and start enjoying your prepay plan.
The Verizon Network has the widest area of coverage in the United States, so start your search by taking a closer look at Boom Mobile! RED. Because this Verizon MVNO offers the most coverage for an LTE phone, you'll enjoy better overall performance that surpasses the Sprint Network and T-Mobile Network.
Boom Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Boom Mobile Phone Deals
Boom's website can be very confusing. But rest assured they do give you plenty of phone options:
- Bring your own phone – Boom Mobile operates on a GSM and CDMA networks, so most devices should be compatible. You'll just want to change the APN settings (don't worry, it's a simple task) and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – Boom offers a small selection of phones through their site which are all reasonably priced. Although they only offer Android devices through the site rest assured they do work with Apple devices as well.
- Buy a refurbished phone -You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for compatible Boom Mobile refurbished phones. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple and Galaxy devices from reputable sellers.
Once you have your device be sure to order your Boom Mobile SIM card online.
You may be new to the MVNO scene. That's OK! Before going take a moment to answer these questions to save you some time down the road.
- Does Boom Mobile service cover your area?
- How much data do you need?
- Are you going to bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan, family plan, or business plan?
Boom Mobile plans give you coverage from the Verizon and AT&T 4G LTE networks for a fraction of the price.
You can save even more money with your plan by purchasing a refurbished Boom Mobile phone instead of a new device with your new plan.
If you choose to buy refurbished, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash in your pockets!
Don't feel the need to just believe us - find out what real customers are saying with our Boom Mobile user reviews.