Boost Mobile cell phone plans in 2022
If you're fed up with paying expensive cell phone bills, prepaid plans with an MVNO like Boost Mobile can save you up to $600 a year.
Prepaid plans are no-contract cell phone plans, so you have the freedom to amend your plan at any time, should your needs change. Say goodbye to long-term contracts and credit checks, and get affordable plans with all the same benefits.
Powered by T-Mobile you'll have access to the same quality coverage, including 5G where it's available.
Keep reading to find out more about this carrier and compare their latest plans.
Boost Mobile plans
Boost Mobile unlimited data
Boost Mobile plan pricing
|Boost Mobile 1GB - 12 Mths||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$8.33** $100 for 1 year service|
|Boost Mobile 2GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$15|
|Boost Mobile 15GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||15GB||$20** $240 for 1 year service|
|Boost Mobile 5GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||5GB||$25** $0.99 for 1st Month|
|Boost Mobile Unlimited Data||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$50|
T-Mobile vs Boost Mobile comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $240 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Boost Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd||$50/mo||$600/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$20/mo||$240/yr|
Boost Mobile phone service benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if AT&T or T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area check out the Boost Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Boost Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile or AT&T, Boost Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 12 or 24-month contract. So if you're not happy with your plan you can amend or cancel at any time as there are no restrictions keeping you locked in.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in purchasing a new cell phone, you can find a range of the best Boost Mobile phones to choose from. Offering the same phones as the major networks, Boost Mobile phones offers more affordable payment options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Boost Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Boost Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be able to activate your plan with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Boost Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited data: Depending on how much data you want, Boost Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited services at half the price of an AT&T or T-Mobile unlimited plan. Including unlimited talk, text, and data.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Boost Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Customer service: Find out what current Boost Mobile customers are saying with Boost Mobile customer reviews.
- Promo codes: You can compare Boost Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
Boost Mobile features
Boost Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Boost Mobile 1GB - 12 Mths||$8.33||$16.66$8.33/line||$24.99$8.33/line||$33.32$8.33/line|
|Boost Mobile 2GB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Boost Mobile 15GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Boost Mobile 5GB||$25||$50$25/line||$75$25/line||$100$25/line|
|Boost Mobile Unlimited Data||$50||$100$50/line||$150$50/line||$200$50/line|
What network does Boost Mobile use?
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T and T-Mobile's 5G and 4G LTE networks.
Network coverage ratings
Boost Mobile customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
Boost Mobile SIM card
Boost Mobile will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Boost Mobile before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
It's super easy to bring your own phone:
1. Order the Boost Mobile SIM card starter kit online.
2. Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process.
3. If you're transferring your phone number, the process can take up to 24 hours.
4. Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Is Boost Mobile worth it?
Forget the lengthy contracts when you get a cheap prepaid cell phone plan from low-cost carriers like Boost Mobile. With no contract, you're free to amend your plan or change carriers without an early termination fee.
Operating on the same major US networks, MVNOs offer great value for money, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Happy with your current handset? Why pay the extra money to upgrade. With Boost Mobile you can bring your own phone to make the switch even easier and save more money.
Read our full Boost Mobile review.
Boost Mobile phone plans FAQs
Where can I buy a Boost Mobile SIM card?
You can purchase a Boost Mobile SIM card online from Boost Mobile's website.
How much is Boost Mobile?
Boost Mobile plans start at only $15 per month.