What network does Cricket Wirelesss use?
Cricket Wireless is powered by the nationwide network AT&T offering the same coverage without the expensive price tag.
With an MVNO - Mobile Virtual Network Operator, you could save up to $600 a year on your cell phone bill, without sacrificing the features you love.
Below you'll find further information to help decide if Cricket Wireless has the right coverage for you.
Cricket Wireless network coverage
Cricket Wireless operates on the AT&T network, so you'll have access to the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage, and 5G where it's available.
Even if you've had a plan with AT&T before it's always worth checking cell phone coverage in your area, which you can easily do with our ZIP code checker for availability at your address.
Network coverage ratings
Cricket Wireless cell phone plans
|Cricket Wireless 2GB||AT&T||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$30|
|Cricket Wireless 10GB||AT&T||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$40|
|Cricket Wireless Unlimited Data||AT&T||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$55|
Cricket Wireless benefits
As an MVNO, Cricket Wireless can offer many benefits compared to plans with the three major networks;
- Lower prices: without hundreds of physical stores and sales staff they can pass on the low costs to you. With possible savings of up to $600 a year.
- Flexible plans: you won't feel stuck paying for features you don't need, you can customize your plan to suit you.
- Keep your phone and number: pocket the savings from not upgrading to the latest handset and bring your own phone. You can also easily port your number across.
- Easy to switch: if you're keeping your own phone the switch over is simple and you'll be all set within a few days.
- No commitment: there's no contracts, so you pay as you go. If you're not happy or you need to amend your plan you can do this at any time.
AT&T vs Cricket Wireless comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $420 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Cricket Wireless||AT&T 4G & 5G||10GB||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$420/yr|
Does Cricket Wireless use CDMA or GSM?
CDMA and GSM are the two technologies used in cell phones and help fill in the gap when 4G is not available. If your phone is only a few years old it's likely to be compatible with both technologies which make it easy to switch carriers.
AT&T uses the GSM network so Cricket Wireless is compatible with all GSM phones. Don't worry if your phone is not using the same technology, you can still save money on your cell phone plan. If you want to check your phone's compatibility you can use our IMEI checker.
Cricket Wireless features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
- Unlimited talk and text: most plans offer unlimited text and talk, with data limits and other features available depending on the plan.
- International calls: some plans offer either free international calling or the chance to add on international calling at an additional cost.
- Multi-line discounts: with already low cost prices, getting multiple lines with a family plan can help you save big bucks, often with a further discount on each additional line purchased.
- 4G LTE data speeds: operating on major networks means you'll have access to their 4G LTE coverage, along with the 5G network where it's available.
Cricket Wireless phone service availability
Cricket Wireless coverage FAQs
How good is Cricket Wireless coverage?
Powered by AT&T you'll receive nationwide 4G LTE coverage.
What towers does Cricket Wireless use?
Cricket Wireless is powered by the AT&T network.
Is Cricket Wireless as good as AT&T?
Low-cost carriers pass on the savings to you. Without the overheads of physical stores or expensive advertising campaigns you can halve your monthly cell phone bill. With Cricket Wireless you pay for what you need while still receiving nationwide 4G LTE coverage.
What phones can I use with Cricket Wireless?
Most unlocked phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless. They operate on the AT&T network.
Cricket Wireless makes it possible to get a cell phone plan on the AT&T network without the big ticket prices.
Offering the same nationwide coverage with 4G LTE and the 5G network, where it's available.
With MVNOs you'll get flexible plans with no contracts, so you're free to amend or cancel without any additional fees.
If you're not sure Cricket Wireless plans are right for you, there's a large selection of MVNOs across all networks you can compare to find your perfect low cost plan.