Cricket vs Total Wireless - which carrier is best?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon: Reviews
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon: Plans
Cricket Wireless Plans
Total by Verizon Plans
Cricket Wireless plans start at $30 and Total by Verizon plans start as low as $25. With no contract you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon.
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon: Coverage
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T's National 4G LTE Network
Total by Verizon is powered by Verizon's National 4G LTE Network
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T and Total by Verizon is powered by Verizon. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area our coverage checker.
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon: Features
|Carrier Features||Cricket Wireless||Total by Verizon|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee|
Both Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon offer prepaid plans with no contract and you can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. So not only do you get the benefit of saving on a device, but you get the same great service on a cheaper plan.
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon: Phone Deals
If you're looking to upgrade, why not save money even more money and buy a refurbished phone?
With most smartphones only making minor changes each year, you can get the great smartphone features with big savings. Find the best unlocked phone deals by comparing phone prices compatible with Cricket Wireless or Total by Verizon.
|Phone||Carrier||Network||Monthly Price||Total Cost||Apple iPhone SE||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429||Apple iPhone SE (2nd Gen)||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$432||Apple iPhone 12 mini||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$21/mo for 24 mths||$499||Apple iPhone 13 mini||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$25/mo for 24 mths||$599||Apple iPhone 12||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$27/mo for 24 mths||$649||Apple iPhone 13||Visible||Verizon 5G/4G LTE||$29/mo for 24 mths||$699||Apple iPhone 14||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$35/mo for 24 mths||$829||Apple iPhone 12 Pro||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$37/mo for 24 mths||$899||Apple iPhone 13 Pro||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$37/mo for 24 mths||$899||Apple iPhone 14 Plus||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$39/mo for 24 mths||$929||Apple iPhone 14 Pro||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$42/mo for 24 mths||$999||Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$42/mo for 24 mths||$999||Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$42/mo for 24 mths||$999||Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$46/mo for 24 mths||$1,099|
Cricket Wireless benefits
- Service provided on its parent company AT&T's nationwide network
- Prepaid - no contract or credit check
- Bring your own compatible GSM device or buy a Cricket Wireless phone (at retail or with a discount if you're bringing your phone number from another carrier)
- Mobile hotspot data is available with unlimited data plans as an add-on feature, for an extra fee
- Free talk and text to and from Canada and Mexico with an unlimited data plan
- Use of your plan while traveling in Canada or Mexico with unlimited data plan
- Two tiers of international calling add-ons for 35 more countries
- Customer service available by phone and chat from 7am to midnight Monday - Saturday, 10am to 10pm Sunday
Total by Verizon benefits
- Coverage on the Verizon Wireless network
- Prepaid cell phone plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your own Verizon-compatible device or buy a Total Wireless phone
- Keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot use/tethering not permitted
- International calling available with global calling card and charged at international rates plus plan minutes
- Customer service available by phone and chat from 8am - 11:45pm 7 days
Cricket Wireless vs Total by Verizon FAQs
What's the difference between Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon?
The main difference between Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon are plan prices and features. Both offer cheap cell phone plans powered by the major networks.
What networks do Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon use?
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T and Total by Verizon runs on Verizon.
What phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless and Total by Verizon?
Most newer handsets are compatible if they're unlocked, but if you're not sure you can check phone compatibility with our IMEI checker.
Does a Cricket Wireless phone work with Total by Verizon?
If your Cricket Wireless phone is unlocked it should work with Total by Verizon. Most of the latest handsets are compatible but you can check your phone's compatibility with the carrier before purchasing.