FreedomPop prepaid SIM card
Freedompop SIM card description
- Coverage available on the Sprint or AT&T network
- Free 14-day trial of Premium 2 GB plan
- Free and prepaid cell phone service - no contract or credit check
- Bring your own compatible CDMA device or buy a Freedompop phone (new, used, or refurbished)
- Mobile hotspot/tethering supported
- International calling available as an add-on, with service to over 50 countries
- Global Virtual Number feature available for a small monthly fee, gives you a virtual number in another country which reroutes to your US-based phone
- Customer service available via online self account management and knowledge base for free members, or by email for paid plan members
|4G LTE Bands:||800, 1900, 2500Mhz|
|Bring Your Phone:||Yes|
|Keep Your Number:||Yes|
Freedompop compatible phones
As Freedompop runs on the AT&T network their SIM cards are compatible with GSM phones. If you’re not sure if your phone is compatible you can use our IMEI checker.
Most of the latest phones use both the GSM and CDMA technology.
Freedompop is powered by the AT&T network, offering you access to their nationwide 4G LTE network and 5G where available.
Whether you’re new to or have used them before, you can check cell phone coverage in your area using your ZIP code.
Freedompop SIM card data plans
How do Freedompop plans compare?
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||0GB||$10|
Freedompop SIM card benefits
There’s a number of benefits when buying a SIM card kit with Freedompop;
- Prepaid: all plans are prepaid, so you can pick the features you want and pay upfront each month.
- Same coverage: operating on one of the three major networks, you’ll get the same quality coverage.
- Keep your own phone: they make it easy to bring your own phone so you don’t have to spend money upgrading to the latest handset, unless you want to.
- Low cost plans: saving you up to $600 a year on your phone bill. Offering all the same features, but with half price plans.
- Easy to switch: simply wait for your SIM kit to arrive, pop your new SIM into your phone and you’ll be up and running, all within a few days.
Freedompop SIM card activation
It’s easy to bring your own phone to a cheaper carrier:
- Order the Freedompop SIM starter kit online
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process
- If you’re looking to transfer your phone number, this can take up to 24 hours
Freedompop SIM card FAQs
How much is a Freedompop SIM card?
There's a variety of cell phone plans available to suit all budgets, with prices between $17 - $55.
Where can I buy a Freedompop SIM card?
One of the reasons low-cost carriers can pass on savings to you is because they are online only and don't have any physical stores. You can purchase a Freedompop SIM card online.
What phones are compatible with Freedompop SIM card?
Most unlocked phones are compatible with Freedompop SIM cards. If you're not sure you can check your phone compatibility.
Can I bring my own phone to Freedompop?
Yes. You can bring your own phone to Freedompop and they're compatible with most unlocked phones. You can check phone compatibility on the carrier site prior to ordering.
What is Freedompop SIM card starter kit?
Your Freedompop SIM card starter kit includes everything you need to switch over. Pick your plan, order online, and it's delivered straight to your door. Follow the instructions to activate your new plan.