Mint Mobile BYOP plans
Changing phone carriers used to be confusing and expensive, but when you switch to Mint Mobile you'll find affordable bring your own phone plans that can save you hundreds of dollars on your cell phone bill.
Mint Mobile makes it quick and easy to purchase a SIM card kit online and get your new plan up and running within a few days.
We've summarized the details below to help you find the best BYOD plan with Mint Mobile.
Mint Mobile BYOP plans
|Mint Mobile 15GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||15GB||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 10GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 4GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
Bring your own phone benefits
Bringing your own device to a low cost carrier plan offers a number of benefits;
- Lower prices: with affordable plans, you can save up to $600 a year with an MVNO.
- Keep your number: there's no need to change your number, low cost carriers make it easy to port it across.
- Flexibility: there's no contracts with these prepaid plans, so if your needs change you can cancel or amend your plan.
- Easy to switch: it's simple to switch providers, just pick your plan and your SIM card kit will be sent to you in the post.
- Quality coverage: powered by the same major US networks, you'll get the same coverage on the nationwide 4G LTE network that you're used to.
Mint Mobile phone compatibility
The quickest way to check if your phone is compatible with Mint Mobile is with our IMEI checker.
If your current phone is not compatible, you can still find some affordable prepaid phones online. With a range of handsets from basic cell phones to the latest smartphones.
If your phone was purchased through a plan with, AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile you'll need to check the phone is unlocked. Phones purchased with the big three are locked to their network, but once the contract ends, as long as the phone has been paid off, they'll unlock the handset for you.
Mint Mobile BYOD benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can use the Mint Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Mint Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Mint Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 24 or 12 months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Mint Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Mint Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Mint Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Mint Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Mint Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making a family plan a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Multi-month discount: Mint Mobile offers a discount on the monthly price if you don't mind bundling for three months or six months.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Mint Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Instant connectivity: With the latest technology a Mint Mobile eSIM can connect you to your new plan instantly. When you sign up you'll receive a QR code that once scanned activates your plan ready to use.
- Customer service: Find out what current Mint Mobile customers are saying with Mint Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Mint Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
Mint Mobile coverage
Operating on the T-Mobile network you'll receive access to the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage at an affordable price. To make sure it's the right fit, you can use your ZIP code to check the cell phone coverage at your address.
Mint Mobile features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 7 days|
|Contract||No - 3 mths prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico & Canada|
How to switch to Mint Mobile
Switching to Mint Mobile is easy, but you'll want to check a few things first. You'll need to make sure your current phone is unlocked, meaning it's not tied to a specific carrier, and that it's compatible with the Mint Mobile network. You can find out if your phone's compatible quickly using your IMEI number.
If your current handset is not compatible there are options to purchase a new phone through Mint Mobile that won't leave you out of pocket.
Mint Mobile SIM card activation
It takes a few easy steps to get your phone set up with a Mint Mobile low cost plan;
- Check your phone's compatible and unlocked.
- Choose and order your Mint Mobile SIM card kit online.
- When it arrives, pop your SIM card into your phone and follow the activation instructions.
With affordable plans, no commitment and only paying for what you need, bringing your own phone to Mint Mobile gives you plenty of bang for your buck and can save you up to $600 per year.
Most unlocked phones made within the last few years should be compatible, but if your phone doesn't work with the Mint Mobile network they do offer a variety of new handsets to choose from.
If you're unsure that Mint Mobile is a good fit, you'll find plenty of money saving deals by comparing the best MVNOs across all networks.
Read our full Mint Mobile review.
Mint Mobile BYOP FAQs
What phones are compatible with Mint Mobile?
Most unlocked phones that were made in the last few years will work with Mint Mobile, but you can use your phone's IMEI number to make sure it's compatible.
Can I use my own phone with Mint Mobile?
Absolutely. All low cost carriers encourage you to bring your own phone to help you save even more money on your cell phone plan.
Is it cheaper to bring your own phone?
Yes, if you don't need or want to upgrade your handset. Bringing your own device can save you the additional cost of a new phone that would be added to your monthly bill.