Mint Mobile cell phone plans in 2022
If you're fed up with paying expensive cell phone bills, prepaid plans with an MVNO like Mint Mobile can save you up to $600 a year.
Prepaid cell phone plans are no-contract plans, so you have the freedom to amend your plan at any time, should your needs change. Say goodbye to long-term contracts and credit checks, and get affordable plans with all the same benefits.
Mint Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO, which means they operate on the T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE wireless network. So you'll have access to the same quality coverage as T-Mobile customers.
Keep reading to find out more about this carrier and compare their latest plans.
Mint Mobile plans
Mint Mobile unlimited data
Mint Mobile plan prices
|Mint Mobile 4GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile 10GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$20** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile 15GB||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||15GB||$25** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$30** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||10GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Mint Mobile phone service benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can use the Mint Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Mint Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Mint Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 24 or 12 months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Mint Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Mint Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Mint Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Mint Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Mint Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making a family plan a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Multi-month discount: Mint Mobile offers a discount on the monthly price if you don't mind bundling for three months or six months.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Mint Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Instant connectivity: With the latest technology a Mint Mobile eSIM can connect you to your new plan instantly. When you sign up you'll receive a QR code that once scanned activates your plan ready to use.
- Customer service: Find out what current Mint Mobile customers are saying with Mint Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Mint Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
Mint Mobile features
Mint Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Mint Mobile 4GB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Mint Mobile 10GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Mint Mobile 15GB||$25||$50$25/line||$75$25/line||$100$25/line|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data||$30||$60$30/line||$90$30/line||$120$30/line|
What network does Mint Mobile use?
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile's 4G LTE network. Because T-Mobile offers 5G where available, it's something Mint Mobile customers can enjoy too.
Network coverage ratings
Mint Mobile customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
Mint Mobile data plans
|Mint Mobile 4GB Data Only||T-Mobile||0||0||4GB||$15** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile 10GB Data Only||T-Mobile||0||0||10GB||$20** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile 15GB Data Only||T-Mobile||0||0||15GB||$25** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data Only||T-Mobile||0||0||Unltd||$30** Buy 3 Months Get 1 Free|
Mint Mobile SIM card
Mint Mobile will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions.
You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Mint Mobile before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Mint Mobile phone deals
|Phone||Storage||Network||Condition||Price||Nokia 6300||4GB||T-Mobile||New||$69||TCL A30||32GB||T-Mobile||New||$119||Nokia 2.4||32GB||T-Mobile||New||$139||Nokia G10||32GB||T-Mobile||New||$149||OnePlus Nord N100||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$199||Samsung Galaxy A12||32GB||T-Mobile||New||$199||LG Stylo 6||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$229||TCL Revvl||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$249||OnePlus Nord N200||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$309||Samsung Galaxy A32||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$329||Motorola Moto G Stylus||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$349||Motorola One Ace||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$399||Samsung Galaxy A42||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$399||Samsung Galaxy S9+||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$399||Samsung Galaxy S10e||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$399||OnePlus 8||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$429||Samsung Galaxy S10+||128GB||T-Mobile||New||$499||Apple iPhone 11||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$499||Apple iPhone 12 mini||64GB||T-Mobile||New||$629|
Is Mint Mobile worth it?
Forget the lengthy contracts when you get a cheap prepaid cell phone plan from low-cost carriers like Mint Mobile. With no contract, you're free to amend your plan or change carriers without an early termination fee.
Operating on the same major US networks, MVNOs offer great value for money, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Happy with your current handset? Why pay the extra money to upgrade. With Mint Mobile you can bring your own phone to make the switch even easier and save more money.
Read our full Mint Mobile review.
Mint Mobile phone plans FAQs
Where can I buy a Mint Mobile SIM card?
You can purchase a Mint Mobile SIM card online from Mint Mobile's website.
How much is Mint Mobile?
Mint Mobile plans start at only $15 per month.