Straight Talk vs Mint Mobile - which carrier is best?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Mint Mobile and Straight Talk coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk: Reviews
Mint Mobile Review
Straight Talk Review
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk: Plans
Mint Mobile Plans
Straight Talk Plans
Mint Mobile plans start at $15 and Straight Talk plans start as low as $35. With no contract you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Mint Mobile and Straight Talk.
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk: Coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile's National 4G LTE Network
Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile's National 4G LTE Network
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile and Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area our coverage checker.
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk: Features
|Carrier Features||Mint Mobile||Straight Talk|
|Networks||T-Mobile||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||GSM||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - 3 mths prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 7 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico & Canada|
Both Mint Mobile and Straight Talk offer prepaid plans with no contract and you can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. So not only do you get the benefit of saving on a device, but you get the same great service on a cheaper plan.
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk: Phone Deals
If you're looking to upgrade, why not save money even more money and buy a refurbished phone?
With most smartphones only making minor changes each year, you can get the great smartphone features with big savings. Find the best unlocked phone deals by comparing phone prices compatible with Mint Mobile or Straight Talk.
|Apple iPhone SE||$18/mo||$20/mo||$24/mo|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||-||$26/mo||$30/mo|
|Apple iPhone 13||-||$30/mo||$35/mo|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||-||$33/mo||$37/mo|
|Apple iPhone 14||-||$35/mo||-|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||-||$37/mo||-|
Mint Mobile benefits
- Operates on the nationwide T-Mobile network
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your phone or buy a Mint Mobile device
- Keep your phone number
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot is permitted
- Free calling to Canada & Mexico, affordable rates to 160+ other locations
- Flat-rate international roaming available as an add-on feature
- Customer service by phone on weekdays and weekends, 24/7 by virtual chat
Straight Talk benefits
- Choose from coverage on any one of the three major networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon
- Prepaid wireless plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fees
- Bring your own device from any network or buy a Straight Talk phone
- Keep your phone number and stay on your network
- International talk and text available as an add-on calling card or as a component of a complete cell phone plan
- 7-day customer support by phone, from 8am to 11:45pm
Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk FAQs
What's the difference between Mint Mobile and Straight Talk?
The main difference between Mint Mobile and Straight Talk are plan prices and features. Both offer cheap cell phone plans powered by the major networks.
What networks do Mint Mobile and Straight Talk use?
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile and Straight Talk runs on T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon.
What phones are compatible with Mint Mobile and Straight Talk?
Most newer handsets are compatible if they're unlocked, but if you're not sure you can check phone compatibility with our IMEI checker.
Does a Mint Mobile phone work with Straight Talk?
If your Mint Mobile phone is unlocked it should work with Straight Talk. Most of the latest handsets are compatible but you can check your phone's compatibility with the carrier before purchasing.