PureTalk cell phone plans in 2022
If you're fed up with paying expensive cell phone bills, prepaid plans with an MVNO like PureTalk can save you up to $600 a year.
Prepaid plans are no-contract cell phone plans, so you have the freedom to amend your plan at any time, should your needs change. Say goodbye to long-term contracts and credit checks, and get affordable plans with all the same benefits.
Powered by AT&T you'll have access to the same quality coverage, including 5G where it's available.
Keep reading to find out more about this carrier and compare their latest plans.
PureTalk unlimited data
PureTalk plan prices
|PureTalk 2GB||2GB||AT&T||$15** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|PureTalk 4GB||4GB||AT&T||$19** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|PureTalk 6GB||6GB||AT&T||$22** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|PureTalk 10GB||10GB||AT&T||$26** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|PureTalk 20GB||20GB||AT&T||$34** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|PureTalk Unlimited Data||Unltd||AT&T||$42** 25% Off for 3 Months|
AT&T vs PureTalk comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $279 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|PureTalk||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$55/mo||$621/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$20/mo||$279/yr|
PureTalk phone service benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the AT&T network, you can expect the\ same nationwide coverage. To see if AT&T's network is the best coverage in your area you can check out the PureTalk coverage map.
- Value for money: PureTalk SIM cards offer valuable and affordable plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from AT&T, PureTalk could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 24 or 12 months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions stopping you from changing to a different carrier.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in a brand new phone, you can find a range of the best PureTalk phones to choose from.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with PureTalk bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your PureTalk SIM starter kit. Once your new SIM card has arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the same network, you'll receive AT&T 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G compatible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with PureTalk 5G plans.
- Unlimited data plan: Depending on how much data you want, PureTalk unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of an AT&T unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making PureTalk family plans a great money-saving option based on how many lines you need.
- Customer satisfaction: Find out more about PureTalk customer service with PureTalk customer reviews.
- Promo codes: You can compare PureTalk deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
PureTalk plan features
PureTalk family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
What network does PureTalk use?
PureTalk is powered by AT&T's 4G LTE networks. Because they offer 5G where available, it's something PureTalk customers can enjoy too.
Network coverage ratings
PureTalk customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
PureTalk SIM card
PureTalk will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with PureTalk before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Switching to PureTalk is super simple. You can do it in three easy steps.
- Choose a plan. The more lines you add, the more you save.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure old bills are paid and your GSM device is unlocked.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old one. If you've opted for a new device, it should come ready to go. If you're bringing your own phone, you'll need to order a PureTalk SIM card, which costs $3 online. Then follow the instructions to get set up.
Is PureTalk worth it?
Forget the lengthy contracts when you get a cheap prepaid cell phone plan from low-cost carriers like PureTalk. With no contract, you're free to amend your plan or change carriers without an early termination fee.
Operating on the same major US networks, MVNOs offer great value for money, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Happy with your current handset? Why pay the extra money to upgrade. With PureTalk you can bring your own phone to make the switch even easier and save more money.
Read our full PureTalk review.
PureTalk phone plans FAQs
Where can I buy a PureTalk SIM card?
You can purchase a PureTalk SIM card online from PureTalk's website.
How much is PureTalk?
PureTalk phone plans start at only $15 per month.