Red Pocket hotspot plans
MVNOs operate on the major US networks so you don't have to give up good coverage for affordability. This is why Mobile Virtual Network Operators are quickly becoming the most popular way to save money on cell phone bills.
Find out more about Red Pocket below and compare their mobile hotspot plans that can save you up to $600 a year.
Red Pocket Mobile data plans
Red Pocket hotspot data
|Red Pocket 1GB Data Only||AT&T||0||0||1GB||$10|
|Red Pocket 5GB Data Only||AT&T||0||0||5GB||$25|
|Red Pocket 20GB Data Only||AT&T||0||0||20GB||$40|
AT&T vs Red Pocket comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $420 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Red Pocket||AT&T 4G & 5G||20GB||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$420/yr|
Red Pocket Mobile data speed
Red Pocket is powered by Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile's 4G LTE & 5G networks.
Red Pocket Mobile coverage
Red Pocket Mobile hotspot benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the three main networks, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. You can check which network has the best coverage in your area with the Red Pocket Mobile coverage map before you decide on AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile.
- Value for money: Red Pocket Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile, Red Pocket Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign an annual contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no additional fees to amend or cancel.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Red Pocket Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your new SIM card has arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the three major networks, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G compatible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Red Pocket Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Red Pocket Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of an unlimited plan direct from one of the main networks.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Red Pocket Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Red Pocket Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Customer service: Find out what current Red Pocket Mobile customers are saying with Red Pocket customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Red Pocket Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Red Pocket deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
Red Pocket hotspot features
Bring your own device to Red Pocket
Red Pocket will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Red Pocket before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Bringing your own phone to a cheaper carrier is easy:
- Order the Red Pocket SIM card starter kit online.
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process.
- If you wish to transfer your phone number, the process may take up to 24 hours.
- Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Hotspot plans are ideal if you need access to the internet when you're away from home. These data-only plans provide peace of mind when there's no Wi-Fi connection available.
With MVNOs like Red Pocket, you'll find plenty of cheap mobile hotspot plans to choose from that could save you hundreds of dollars a year.
Do you really need unlimited data? If you're opting for an unlimited data plan be sure to check the small print. Unlimited rarely means unlimited and you'll have a data cap that once reached your data speeds will be slowed substantially.
Read our full Red Pocket Mobile review.
Red Pocket hotspot FAQs
Does Red Pocket have a hotspot?
Hotspot access is available on certain plans, so you can use your device with your Red Pocket plan to access the internet when you're out and about.
How fast is Red Pocket hotspot?
Where accessible from the network you'll get 4G LTE or 5G speeds within your data limit. If you choose unlimited data, speeds will drop to 2G when your data cap is reached.