Best Sprint phone plans in 2020
Sprint boasts 33 million cell phone subscribers.
While they offer big cell phone coverage, they have prices to match.
We're going to show you how you can keep your Sprint phone, number, and network coverage and save up to $500 per line.
Sprint vs Sprint MVNO Savings
Sprint vs Tello Plan Comparison
Keep your Sprint phone, number & coverage: Save $492 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Sprint||Sprint 4G LTE||Unltd*||$60/mo||$720/yr|
|Tello||Sprint 4G LTE||4GB||$19/mo||$228/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$41/mo||$492/yr|
Sprint coverage without Sprint prices
If Sprint seems to be right for you in every area except for the price don't worry, you still have options. There are many MVNOs that offer Sprint service but for a fraction of the price.
How can they do this? MVNOs buy service in bulk from the big four's towers and sell it back to consumers for cheap.
They're able to do so because they spend millions of dollars in advertising and have very few brick-and-mortars to upkeep. In fact, many of them operate entirely online.
Interested? Check out our guide to Sprint MVNOs to see which one will work best for you.
Sprint prepaid plans comparison
|Twigby||Unltd/Unltd||3GB||$15** 25% Off for 6 Months|
|Red Pocket Mobile||Unltd/Unltd||10GB||$5** $25 Off in 1st Month|
Low cost Sprint carrier benefits
- Service on the same reliable 4G LTE network you're used to
- Cheaper by 50% or more
- Flexible custom plans so you don't overpay for what you don't need
- No contracts
- Bring your own phone and keep your phone number
- High customer service ratings
- Easy to switch by ordering a new SIM card online
Best Sprint cell phone plans
Best cheap Sprint prepaid plan
See more Sprint prepaid plans
Best Sprint unlimited data plan
See more Sprint unlimited plans
Best Sprint family plan
See more Sprint family plans
Best Sprint talk & text only plan
Best Sprint data only plan
See more Sprint data only plans
Do you really need Sprint unlimited data?
The big four put a lot of effort - and advertising dollars - into convincing you that unlimited data plans are an absolute necessity. But are they?
You might be surprised to learn that Sprint unlimited plan customers use an average of 5 GB of data per billing cycle. You wouldn't buy three shoes, would you? You've only got two feet! Don't pay for more data than you use either.
You might be wondering how to figure out how much data you need. We make it simple and fast with our data usage calculator.
How to switch to a low cost Sprint carrier
There are a few questions you should ask yourself when it comes to choosing a wireless network. Don't worry they aren't hard. Basically – what do you want out of the service. That's right, you have a say. And if Sprint can't give you what you want we'll help you find a carrier who will. Try answering these questions before we continue:
- Does the Sprint network cover the area you live in?
- How much data do you need?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
Sprint carrier list
|Ting||Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon|
|Red Pocket Mobile||Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T|
|Net10||T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon|
|Pix Wireless||Sprint, AT&T|
|Google Fi||Sprint, T-Mobile, Three|
|Straight Talk||Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T|
|TracFone||Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T|
Sprint cell phone deals
Sprint gives you three different phone options when you sign up for a new plan or switch from another carrier:
- Bring your own phone –Sprint operates on the CDMA network so you'll have the best luck bringing your own phone if you're switching from Verizon. You'll just want to change the APN settings (don't worry, it's easy) and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – Sprint offers a wide selection of phones in-store and online. Be sure to keep in mind that if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone -You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for the best Sprint cell phone deals. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy from reputable sellers.
If you choose to BYOP or purchase refurbished you can get your Sprint SIM card online or in-store.
Sprint plans are cheaper than the other major carriers but there are still cheaper options out there. Remember, don't overpay for data and check out our data usage calculator to see what you should be paying for.
Save even more money on your Sprint bill by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of overpaying for a new phone.