T-Mobile phones are compatible with low-cost carriers that are powered by the T-Mobile and AT&T networks.
T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM network technology while Sprint and Verizon use the CDMA network. Most unlocked smartphones made within the last couple years, are actually compatible with both GSM and CDMA carriers.
If you have an older T-Mobile phone make sure to verify compatibility with your carrier before switching to a cheaper cell phone plan.
Table of Contents
T-Mobile Compatible Carriers
|Red Pocket Mobile||T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T|
|Consumer Cellular||T-Mobile, AT&T|
|Metro by T-Mobile||T-Mobile|
|Net10 Wireless||T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, U.S. Cellular|
|Google Fi||T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Three|
|TracFone||T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T|
Bring Your Own T-Mobile Device
There are plenty of options other than the big guys these days, in the form of MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These wireless providers use the same networks as the major carriers with one big difference - lower prices.
Cheap T-Mobile Plans
- Same network: Your service is on the same network you know and love.
- Slash your phone bill by 50%: MVNOs typically cost half or less of what the big guys charge.
- Customized plans: Pick and choose what you need instead of paying one blanket price.
- Keep your phone: MVNOs offer BYOP plans (bring your own phone) - keep your device and your phone number.
- No contracts: No commitment required.
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Price Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||8GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
T-Mobile Compatible Phones
Cheap T-Mobile Phones
- Save hundreds: Get a slightly older smartphone in great condition for 50% or less of retail.
- Keep your freedom: Owning your device means you get to decide when you leave your carrier for a cheaper plan.
- Big bang for the buck: Changes to new phone models are usually slight. Used phones give you all the features you need at a great value.