Best T-Mobile phone plans for students in November
Cheap T-Mobile student plan benefits
We love MVNOs or Mobile Virtual Network Operators. If you're on the lookout for a cheaper phone plan, they're always the best route to go down.
Want to stay on the same network, keep your phone and number, plus get greater flexibility?
Yep. You've got it. Forget the major carriers. Plans include everything you need, but come at a much better price with an MVNO.
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high-speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
Compare T-Mobile unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile Magenta Max||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||10GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Cheap T-Mobile student plan features
- 4G LTE & 5G data speeds: Since T-Mobile MVNOs are all powered by the T-Mobile network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
Cheapest T-Mobile plans for students
|Tello||T-Mobile||1GB||$5** 50% Off 1st Month|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||4GB||$15** Buy 3 Months - Get 3 Months Free|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||12GB||$20Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||$30** Buy 3 Months - Get 3 Months Free|
Cheapest T-Mobile cell phones for students
Cheap T-Mobile carriers list
T-Mobile student discounts FAQs
Does T-Mobile have student plans?
T-Mobile doesn't offer any specific student plans, however T-Mobile MVNOs have plans starting as low as $10 per month.
Does T-Mobile give student discounts?
Discounts with T-Mobile can vary depending on your area and the college, but even without discounts T-Mobile MVNOs offer a low cost way of getting access to the same quality network with carriers like Tello.
|Tello||Best prepaid plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||1GB||$10/mo|
|Ting||Best family plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||5GB||$25/mo|
|Mint Mobile||Best unlimited plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||$30/mo|
|US Mobile||Best individual plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||5GB||$15/mo|
|Ultra Mobile||Best 5G plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$24/mo|
|Red Pocket||Best BYOP plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$20/mo|
|Good2Go Mobile||Cheapest students plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$25/mo|
|US Mobile||Best data plan||0||0||6GB||$20/mo|Rob Webber
Rob has 15+ years experience in the US and UK running price comparison sites for cell phone plans, smartphone deals, TV, and internet. He loves thinking outside of the box to build tools that empower consumers to make more informed decisions.