Tello 6GB prepaid phone plan
Tello SIM card description
- Service on the nationwide T-Mobile network
- Money-back guarantee on phones (no refunds on plans)
- Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your own phone or choose from a modest selection of new or refurbished devices
- Keep your current phone number
- Use of your plan data as a mobile hotspot through your phone is allowed
- Use your minutes to call Canada, China, and Mexico
- Minutes to other countries available as add-on
- 24/7 customer service
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 3 days|
|Prepaid||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico, Canada & China|
Tello compatible phones
As Tello runs on the T-Mobile network their SIM cards are compatible with GSM phones. If you’re not sure if your phone is compatible you can use our IMEI checker.
Most of the latest phones use both the GSM and CDMA technology.
Tello is powered by the T-Mobile network, offering you access to their nationwide 4G LTE network and 5G where available.
Whether you’re new to or have used them before, you can check cell phone coverage in your area using your ZIP code.
Tello SIM card benefits
There’s a number of benefits when buying a SIM card kit with Tello;
- Prepaid: all plans are prepaid, so you can pick the features you want and pay upfront each month.
- Same coverage: operating on one of the three major networks, you’ll get the same quality coverage.
- Keep your own phone: they make it easy to bring your own phone so you don’t have to spend money upgrading to the latest handset, unless you want to.
- Low cost plans: saving you up to $600 a year on your phone bill. Offering all the same features, but with half price plans.
- Easy to switch: simply wait for your SIM kit to arrive, pop your new SIM into your phone and you’ll be up and running, all within a few days.
T-Mobile vs Tello Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $640 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Tello||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||4GB||$19/mo||$200/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$51/mo||$640/yr|
Tello SIM card activation
It’s easy to bring your own phone to a cheaper carrier:
- Order the Tello SIM starter kit online
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process
- If you’re looking to transfer your phone number, this can take up to 24 hours
Tello SIM card FAQs
How much is a Tello SIM card?
There's a variety of cell phone plans available to suit all budgets, with prices between $6 - $39.
Where can I buy a Tello SIM card?
One of the reasons low-cost carriers can pass on savings to you is because they are online only and don't have any physical stores. You can purchase a Tello SIM card online.
What phones are compatible with Tello SIM card?
Most unlocked phones are compatible with Tello SIM cards. If you're not sure you can check your phone compatibility.
Can I bring my own phone to Tello?
Yes. You can bring your own phone to Tello and they're compatible with most unlocked phones. You can check phone compatibility on the carrier site prior to ordering.
What is Tello SIM card starter kit?
Your Tello SIM card starter kit includes everything you need to switch over. Pick your plan, order online, and it's delivered straight to your door. Follow the instructions to activate your new plan.