Tello cell phone plans in 2022
If you're fed up with paying expensive cell phone bills, prepaid plans with an MVNO like Tello can save you up to $600 a year.
Prepaid plans are no-contract cell phone plans, so you have the freedom to amend your plan at any time, should your needs change. Say goodbye to long-term contracts and credit checks, and get affordable plans with all the same benefits.
Powered by T-Mobile you'll have access to the same quality coverage, including 5G where it's available.
Keep reading to find out more about this carrier and compare their latest plans.
Tello unlimited data
Tello plan prices
|Tello Unlimited Talk & Text||0GB||T-Mobile||$8|
|Tello Unlimited Data||Unltd||T-Mobile||$29|
T-Mobile vs Tello comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $552 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Tello||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||10GB||$24/mo||$288/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$46/mo||$552/yr|
Tello phone service benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can check the Tello coverage map.
- Value for money: Tello SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Tello could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign any long-term contracts. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked in.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in purchasing a new cell phone, you can find a range of the best Tello phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Tello bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Tello SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide free calls with their plans by offering unlimited talk and text.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G smart mobile device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Tello 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Tello unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Tello family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Customer service: Find out what current Tello customers are saying with Tello customer reviews.
- Promo codes: You can compare Tello deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
Tello family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Tello Unlimited Talk & Text||$8||$16$8/line||$24$8/line||$32$8/line|
What network does Tello use?
Tello is powered by T-Mobile's 4G LTE network. Because they offer 5G where available, it's something Tello customers can enjoy too.
Network coverage ratings
Tello customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
Tello data plans
|Tello 1GB Data Only||1GB||T-Mobile||$6|
|Tello 2GB Data Only||2GB||T-Mobile||$10|
|Tello 5GB Data Only||5GB||T-Mobile||$15|
|Tello 10GB Data Only||10GB||T-Mobile||$20|
|Tello 8GB Data Only||8GB||T-Mobile||$25|
|Tello Unlimited Data Only||Unltd||T-Mobile||$29|
Tello SIM card
Tello will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Tello before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
It's never been easier to switch. Let's break it down.
- Customize your plan. Choose a plan with Tello that suits your cell phone needs.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure your old bills are paid up and your phone is unlocked. If you're getting a new device through Tello, transferring data from one to another is simple. Even if you're going from an iPhone to Android, and vice versa.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old account. If you've got a new device with your Tello plan, it should be ready to use when it arrives. It you're bringing your own phone then you'll need to follow the instructions with the new SIM card kit that Tello will send to you in the post.
Tello phone deals
|Phone||Carrier||Network||Monthly Price||Total Cost||NUU Mobile F4L 4GB||Tello||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$79||Motorola Moto G Play 32GB||Tello||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$169||Motorola Moto G Power 64GB||Tello||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$189||Motorola Moto G Stylus 128GB||Tello||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$189||Samsung Galaxy S22 128GB||Tello||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$799|
Is Tello worth it?
Forget the lengthy contracts when you get a cheap prepaid cell phone plan from low-cost carriers like Tello. With no contract, you're free to amend your plan or change carriers without an early termination fee.
Operating on the same major US networks, MVNOs offer great value for money, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Happy with your current handset? Why pay the extra money to upgrade. With Tello you can bring your own phone to make the switch even easier and save more money.
Read our full Tello review.
Tello phone plans FAQs
Where can I buy a Tello SIM card?
You can purchase a Tello SIM card online from Tello's website.
How much is Tello?
Tello plans start at only $10 per month.