Ting 12GB prepaid phone plan
Ting SIM card description
- Offers coverage on both Verizon and T-Mobile
- Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or start-up fees
- Bring your GSM or CDMA phone - most devices are compatible - or buy one from Ting
- Keep your current number
- Tethering/mobile hotspot allowed, speeds limited to 3G for GSM tethering
- Use your plan minutes to call 60+ international locations
- International roaming capability (at surcharged rates)
- Extensive customer service hours by phone, chat, or email
|Network||T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee|
|Prepaid||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 60 countries|
Ting compatible phones
As Ting runs on the T-Mobile & Verizon networks their SIM cards are compatible with GSM & CDMA phones. If you’re not sure if your phone is compatible you can use our IMEI checker.
Most of the latest phones use both the GSM and CDMA technology.
Ting is powered by the T-Mobile & Verizon networks, offering you access to their nationwide 4G LTE network and 5G where available.
Whether you’re new to or have used them before, you can check cell phone coverage in your area using your ZIP code.
Ting SIM card benefits
There’s a number of benefits when buying a SIM card kit with Ting;
- Prepaid: all plans are prepaid, so you can pick the features you want and pay upfront each month.
- Same coverage: operating on one of the three major networks, you’ll get the same quality coverage.
- Keep your own phone: they make it easy to bring your own phone so you don’t have to spend money upgrading to the latest handset, unless you want to.
- Low cost plans: saving you up to $600 a year on your phone bill. Offering all the same features, but with half price plans.
- Easy to switch: simply wait for your SIM kit to arrive, pop your new SIM into your phone and you’ll be up and running, all within a few days.
T-Mobile vs Ting Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $570 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Ting||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||5GB||$25/mo||$270/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$45/mo||$570/yr|
Ting SIM card activation
It’s easy to bring your own phone to a cheaper carrier:
- Order the Ting SIM starter kit online
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process
- If you’re looking to transfer your phone number, this can take up to 24 hours
Ting SIM card FAQs
How much is a Ting SIM card?
There's a variety of cell phone plans available to suit all budgets, with prices between $10 - $45.
Where can I buy a Ting SIM card?
One of the reasons low-cost carriers can pass on savings to you is because they are online only and don't have any physical stores. You can purchase a Ting SIM card online.
What phones are compatible with Ting SIM card?
Most unlocked phones are compatible with Ting SIM cards. If you're not sure you can check your phone compatibility.
Can I bring my own phone to Ting?
Yes. You can bring your own phone to Ting and they're compatible with most unlocked phones. You can check phone compatibility on the carrier site prior to ordering.
What is Ting SIM card starter kit?
Your Ting SIM card starter kit includes everything you need to switch over. Pick your plan, order online, and it's delivered straight to your door. Follow the instructions to activate your new plan.