Ultra Mobile cell phone plans in 2022
If you're fed up with paying expensive cell phone bills, prepaid plans with an MVNO like Ultra Mobile can save you up to $600 a year.
Prepaid plans are no-contract cell phone plans, so you have the freedom to amend your plan at any time, should your needs change. Say goodbye to long-term contracts and credit checks, and get affordable plans with all the same benefits.
Powered by T-Mobile you'll have access to the same quality coverage, including 5G where it's available.
Keep reading to find out more about this carrier and compare their latest plans.
Ultra Mobile plans
Ultra Mobile unlimited data
Ultra Mobile plan prices
|Ultra Mobile 250MB||250MB||T-Mobile||$15|
|Ultra Mobile 2GB||2GB||T-Mobile||$19|
|Ultra Mobile Unlimited Data||Unltd||T-Mobile||$49|
Ultra Mobile phone service benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can check the Ultra Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Ultra Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Ultra Mobile could save you money, up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: Delivering convenient options for everyone, these prepaid plans, have no long-term contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Ultra Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Ultra Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Ultra Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text and some Ultra Mobile plans include unlimited nationwide talk.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a compatible 5G device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Ultra Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Ultra Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Ultra Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Ultra Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working or streaming Netflix without WiFi.
- Customer service: Find out what current Ultra Mobile customers are saying with Ultra Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Ultra Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Ultra Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
Ultra Mobile prepaid features
Ultra Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Ultra Mobile 250MB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Ultra Mobile 2GB||$19||$38$19/line||$57$19/line||$76$19/line|
|Ultra Mobile Unlimited Data||$49||$98$49/line||$147$49/line||$196$49/line|
What network does Ultra Mobile use?
Ultra Mobile is powered by T-Mobile's 4G LTE network. Because they offer 5G where available, it's something Ultra Mobile customers can enjoy too.
Network coverage ratings
Ultra Mobile customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
Ultra Mobile data plans
|Ultra Mobile 250MB Data Only||250MB||T-Mobile||$15|
|Ultra Mobile 2GB Data Only||2GB||T-Mobile||$19|
|Ultra Mobile Unlimited Data Only||Unltd||T-Mobile||$49|
|Ultra Mobile Unlimited+ Data Only||Unltd||T-Mobile||$59|
Ultra Mobile SIM card
Ultra Mobile will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Ultra Mobile before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
It's super easy to bring your own phone:
- Order the Ultra Mobile SIM card online.
- Pop your new SIM into your phone, then follow the activation process.
- If you wish to transfer your phone number, the process may take up to 24 hours.
- Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Ultra Mobile phone deals
|Phone||Carrier||Network||Monthly Price||Total Cost||Samsung Galaxy A12 32GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$12/mo for 18 mths||$199||OnePlus Nord N200 64GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$13/mo for 24 mths||$309||Motorola Moto G Power 32GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$14/mo for 18 mths||$249||Motorola Moto G Fast 32GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$14/mo for 18 mths||$249||Motorola Moto G Stylus 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$15/mo for 24 mths||$349||Samsung Galaxy A03s 64GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$16/mo for 12 mths||$189||Motorola Edge 256GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$30/mo for 24 mths||$699||Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$31/mo for 24 mths||$749||Samsung Galaxy S21 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$34/mo for 24 mths||$799||Samsung Galaxy S22 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$35/mo for 24 mths||$849||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 256GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$37/mo for 24 mths||$899||Samsung Galaxy S22+ 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$46/mo for 24 mths||$1,099||Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 128GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$54/mo for 24 mths||$1,299||NUU Mobile F4L 4GB||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$79||Apple iPhone 12 mini||Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||-||$479|
Is Ultra Mobile worth it?
Forget the lengthy contracts when you get a cheap prepaid cell phone plan from low-cost carriers like Ultra Mobile. With no contract, you're free to amend your plan or change carriers without an early termination fee.
Operating on the same major US networks, MVNOs offer great value for money, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
Happy with your current handset? Why pay the extra money to upgrade. With Ultra Mobile you can bring your own phone to make the switch even easier and save more money.
Read our full Ultra Mobile review.
Ultra Mobile phone plans FAQs
Where can I buy a Ultra Mobile SIM card?
You can purchase a Ultra Mobile SIM card online from Ultra Mobile's website.
How much is Ultra Mobile?
Ultra Mobile plans start at only $15 per month