What network does Ultra Mobile use?
Ultra Mobile is powered by the T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE wireless network, offering the same coverage without the expensive price tag.
Ultra Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), they provide cell phone service that could save you $600 per year on your phone bill, without sacrificing wireless coverage or call quality.
Below you'll find further information to help decide if Ultra Mobile has the best wireless coverage for your needs.
Ultra Mobile coverage
What towers does Ultra Mobile use?
Ultra Mobile operates on the T-Mobile network, so you'll have access to the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage, and 5G where it's available.
Even if you've had a plan with T-Mobile before it's always worth checking cell phone coverage in your area, which you can easily do with our ZIP code checker for availability at your address.
Ultra Mobile coverage comparison
Does Ultra Mobile have 5G?
You can get access to the T-Mobile 5G network at no extra cost with Ultra Mobile, with a 5G compatible device.
Is Ultra Mobile CDMA or GSM?
T-Mobile uses the GSM network so Ultra Mobile is compatible with all GSM phones. Don't worry if your phone is not using the same technology, you can still save money on your cell phone plan. If you want to check your phone's compatibility you can use our IMEI checker.
Is Ultra Mobile available in my area?
Ultra Mobile phone service
|Ultra Mobile 250MB - 12 Mths||250MB||$10** $120 for 12 Months Service|
|Ultra Mobile 2GB - 12 Mths||2GB||$14** $168 for 12 Months Service|
|Ultra Mobile 3GB - 12 Mths||3GB||$20** $240 for 12 Months Service|
|Ultra Mobile 6GB - 12 Mths||6GB||$25** $300 for 12 Months Service|
|Ultra Mobile 15GB - 12 Mths||15GB||$30** $360 for 12 Months Service|
|Ultra Mobile Unlimited Data - 12 Mths||Unltd||$40** $480 for 12 Months Service|
T-Mobile vs Ultra Mobile comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||3GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Ultra Mobile benefits
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage.
- Value for money: Ultra Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Ultra Mobile could save you money, up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: Delivering convenient options for everyone, Ultra Mobile plans have no contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Ultra Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Ultra Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Ultra Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text and some Ultra Mobile plans include unlimited nationwide talk.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a compatible 5G device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Ultra Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Ultra Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Ultra Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Ultra Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working or streaming Netflix without WiFi.
- Customer service: Find out what current Ultra Mobile customers are saying with Ultra Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Ultra Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Ultra Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
Read our full Ultra Mobile review
Ultra Mobile features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 10 day|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 80 countries|
- Lycamobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Ultra Mobile vs T-Mobile
Ultra Mobile makes it possible to get a cell phone plan on the T-Mobile network without the big ticket prices.
Ultra Mobile offers the same nationwide coverage with 4G LTE and the 5G network, where it's available.
With MVNOs you'll get flexible plans with no contracts, so you're free to amend or cancel without any additional fees.
If you're not sure Ultra Mobile plans are right for you, there's a large selection of MVNOs across all networks you can compare to find your perfect low-cost plan.
Ultra Mobile coverage FAQs
How good is Ultra Mobile coverage?
Ultra Mobile is powered by T-Mobile, so you'll receive nationwide 4G LTE coverage and 5G speeds where available.
What service does Ultra Mobile use?
Ultra Mobile uses the T-Mobile wireless network.
Where is Ultra Mobile available?
Ultra Mobile's cell phone service is available nationwide as they operate on the T-Mobile wireless network.