Verizon bring your own phone plans in October
Verizon bring your own phone benefits
The low prices aren't the only benefits of going with an alternative wireless carrier:
- Coverage on the top-ranked Verizon 4G LTE network
- Savings of up to 50% over the major carriers
- No-contract plans with no credit checks or early termination fees
- Customized plans so you only pay for what you need
- BYOP and keep your phone number
- Extensive customer service hours
- Simple and fast online signup
Verizon unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon Play More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Do More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Get More Unlimited||Unlimited||$90||$1,080|
Verizon vs US Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $420 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$45/mo||$540/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$420/yr|
Verizon BYOP plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since Verizon MVNOs are all powered by the Verizon network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed. A number of MVNOs also offer 5G speeds where available.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
Verizon BYOP plans comparison
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$12Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Twigby||Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 6 Months|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||30GB||$30Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
Verizon BYOP plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest Verizon unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest Verizon family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Prepaid plans: Verizon prepaid plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best Verizon plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap Verizon basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest Verizon tablet data plan or iPad.
- Kids plans: MVNOs offer the best Verizon plans for kids because you can tailor them to exactly what you want your child to have.
- Senior plans: Senior citizens often have different cell phone needs. Compare cheap Verizon plans for seniors for the perfect fit.
Keep your Verizon phone & network coverage
As for the actual process of bringing your device to a Verizon network carrier, it's pretty easy to do.
- Pick a carrier powered by Verizon. We'll go into some of the best providers in a minute. You'll want to shop for a carrier with the plan that fits your needs and your budget. That might mean an unlimited data plan, or maybe you need international calling. There's something for everyone.
- Check Verizon bring your own phone compatibility. Verizon is a CDMA network. It's the fussiest of the four major networks in terms of compatible phones, so you'll need to check on your carrier's website to verify that your CDMA phone will work.
- Order a SIM card online. This is the easiest part. Once you've received your prepaid SIM card you just pop it in and follow your provider's activation instructions.
In most cases your service plan and SIM card will be plug-and-play, meaning it will start working as soon you put the card into your phone and activate your account.
Verizon BYOP carrier list
|Boom! Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Page Plus Cellular||Verizon|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Twigby||Verizon & Sprint|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
Verizon BYOP plan FAQs
Does Verizon have a bring your own phone plan?
Yes, you can bring your own phone to a Verizon plan. To save more money you can choose from a selection of Verizon MVNOs like Ting and Red Pocket Mobile. Offering low cost plans running on the same nationwide network.
Can you just swap SIM cards on Verizon phones?
As long as your phone is compatible with Verizon you can swap SIM cards easily. Check your phone's compatibility with our IMEI checker.
What other carriers are compatible with Verizon?
There you have it, a solid strategy for saving a bundle on your wireless service.
Not sure what size Verizon bring your own phone plan you need? Figure it out in seconds with our data usage calculator!