The best cheap Verizon SIM card in October
Getting access to the Verizon network doesn't have to come with the extortionate price tag.
Verizon MVNOs like Ting and Red Pocket Mobile, can cut your cell phone bill in half while still giving you the same Verizon coverage saving you up to $600 a year.
Whether you're looking for family plans, unlimited data, basic, or tablet plans, we've broken down Verizon prepaid SIM card deals below to help you find your perfect fit.
Best Verizon prepaid SIM card
US Mobile is powered by the Verizon wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own Verizon phone and save up to $600 per year.
Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM
Flexible, no contract plans
24/7 customer service
5G coverage available
No international calling
Coverage on either the T-Mobile or Verizon network
Risk-free trial: Full refund within 14 days or before 1000 talk, text, or MB's is used
Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
Bring your own GSM or CDMA phone or choose from a small selection of phones for sale
Keep your own phone number
Mobile hotspot use available as add-on option with unlimited data plans
International roaming plans available with eSIMs
Add-ons available for talk, text, and data, with rollover
24/7 customer support
Ting is powered by the Verizon wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own Verizon phone and save up to $600 per year.
$10** $5 extra per GB
$20** $5 Off for 6 Months
$25** $20 Off for 3 Months
$30** $5 Off for 6 Months
Simple plans for light phone users
Nationwide LTE and 5G coverage
Good selection of handsets
Not for the data hungry user
Offers coverage on both Verizon and T-Mobile
Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or start-up fees
Bring your GSM or CDMA phone - most devices are compatible - or buy one from Ting
Keep your current number
Tethering/mobile hotspot allowed, speeds limited to 3G for GSM tethering
Use your plan minutes to call 60+ international locations
International roaming capability (at surcharged rates)
Extensive customer service hours by phone, chat, or email
Red Pocket Mobile is powered by the Verizon wireless network and offers plans starting at $10 per month. Bring your own Verizon phone and save up to $600 per year.
$10** 50% Off First Month
$15** 50% Off First Month
$20** 50% Off First Month
$25** 50% Off First Month
Latest selection of phones
Account dashboard needs work
No 0% financing options on latest phones
Operates on all four networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon
Prepaid cell phone plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fees
Bring your own GSM or CDMA device and keep your phone number
Mobile hotspot/tethering allowed with your plan data
Free international calling to 70+ countries
Customer service available in English, Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish via chat or phone
Verizon SIM card benefits
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
Cheap Verizon bring your own phone plans
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||30GB||$30Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$11** Extra 20% Off with code: MSP20|
Compare Verizon unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon Play More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Do More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Get More Unlimited||Unlimited||$90||$1,080|
Verizon vs US Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $720 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||12GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$60/mo||$720/yr|
Bring your own Verizon phone
Switching to Verizon is much easier than you think. You don't even need to buy a new device. You can bring your own Verizon phone to the new carrier.
- Choose the best Verizon MVNO. Once you've calculated your data usage and figured out which features matter most to you, you can pick the carrier with the right fit.
- Choose a plan. Decide on the specific plan you want. This is where you'll save the most money because you can go with one that gives you enough data for your needs without going overboard.
- Check phone compatibility. You'll need a compatible unlocked device. If you already have a Verizon phone you should be all set because they come already unlocked for use on another carrier.
Verizon compatible phones
SIM card sizes
There are three different SIM card sizes. Each has an adapter in case you want to switch to a phone with an incompatible SIM Card slot.
- Standard SIM Card - The original SIM Card size is similar to any card in your wallet. However, if you want to transfer your data to a new phone, you can take out a small portion of the SIM card to insert into another iPhone. The original iPhone along with the older iPhone 3G and 3GS all use the original SIM Card, according to Apple.
- Micro SIM Card - Micro SIM Cards were introduced with the iPhone 4 in 2010. The Micro SIM is also used in the iPhone 4s. The Micro SIM Card size is small compared to the original SIM card but not quite as small as the Nano SIM card.
- Nano SIM Card - Nano SIM Cards are the smallest SIM cards that came out in the iPhone 5 in 2013. The cards have been in every iPhone since, all the way up to the iPhone 7 Plus.
Verizon compatible iPhones
|DEVICE||SIM CARD SIZE|
|iPhone SE||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 6||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 7||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 8||Nano SIM|
|iPhone X||Nano SIM|
|iPhone XR||Nano SIM|
|iPhone XS||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 11||Nano SIM|
|iPhone 12||Nano SIM|
Verizon compatible Samsung phones
|DEVICE||SIM CARD SIZE|
|Galaxy S7||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S8||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S9||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy S10||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note 8||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note 9||Nano SIM|
|Galaxy Note 10||Nano SIM|
How to remove a Verizon SIM card
To remove the SIM card from your Verizon phone all you need is the SIM card remover tool provided to you when you bought your phone, or a small paper clip.
- If using the paperclip, unfold it and gently insert the end into the small pinhole in the SIM tray.
- Press gently until the SIM tray pops up, you do not need to use much pressure.
- Pull the SIM tray out gently, be careful the SIM card does not fall out.
- Swap your SIM card over, making sure you have aligned the SIM in the correct position.
- Re-insert the SIM tray into the phone.
Verizon SIM card FAQs
Can I put my Verizon SIM card in a prepaid phone?
As long as you have a compatible phone. Verizon runs on the CDMA network, so as long as the phone can accept a CDMA SIM card.
Does Verizon have prepaid SIM?
Yes, Verizon has a number of low-cost carriers providing prepaid cell phone plans.
How do I get a Verizon prepaid SIM card?
You can compare Verizon MVNOs and purchase a plan online.
How much is a Verizon prepaid SIM card?
Low-cost carriers operating on the Verizon network have plans starting at around $10.
Prepaid SIM cards with Verizon MVNOs offer a great choice of plans with something for everyone.
If you love Verizon but not the price you'll find plenty of deals at half the cost with access to the same nationwide coverage you're used to.