Cut your AT&T bill & save $600
Are you looking for ways to save money on your cell phone bill without compromising network quality? It's easier than you may think.
You need reliable high-speed data and solid call quality for your day-to-day smartphone activities. What you don't need is to pay - month after month - for an overpriced cell phone plan that's ill-fitted to your actual usage.
Keep reading - because we're going to tell you how to keep your great AT&T service, and your favorite phone, while reducing your cell phone bill by about $600 a year.
It's simple and fast - and you don't have to sacrifice a thing, except those huge bills!
AT&T provides an extensive, dependable 4G LTE network. But with average cell phone bills up around $80, you're probably paying too much for AT&T coverage.
Americans are finally finding out what the UK has known for a decade - there's a cheaper way to get cell phone service on the major networks. You can do this by switching to an AT&T MVNO.
What Are MVNOs?
MVNOs are Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These are smaller carriers that lease space on the big four networks and sell it to you at lower prices.
MVNOs don't have the expensive overhead of maintaining retail locations, and they don't have huge marketing budgets. They pass some of these savings along to you.
Benefits of AT&T MVNOs
Along with cheap cell phone plans, you also get other benefits:
- Service on the very same reliable network AT&T uses
- No contracts or credit checks
- Custom plans - you only pay for what you actually need
- Easy to bring your own phone and keep your phone number
- Great customer service
- Switch easily - everything is usually done online
AT&T Price Comparison
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$75||$990|
|Red Pocket Mobile||AT&T 4G LTE||5GB||$30||$360|
|* Avg AT&T unlimited plan customer uses 4GB data|
Custom Data Plans
Data consumption is a large factor in the issue of overpaying for wireless service. Here's why: the major carriers push the concept that we need unlimited everything, however, this is rarely the case.
Here's a reality check for you - Strategy Analytics looked at how much data customers on unlimited plans actually use. AT&T unlimited plan customers only use 4 GB of data per month. That's not very much, considering the steep price tag.
The fact is that most people don't need all the data they're paying for. So how much do you need? Find out using our data usage calculator.
Once you know how much data you actually need, you'll be able to choose the right plan for you - at the right price.
Unbundle to Save
Sounds strange, doesn't it? We usually say bundling your services will get you the best deal. Not when it comes to cell phone plans and smartphones, however.
When you go through a major carrier you typically pay one bill for your service and your device. This is bad for your wallet because:
- Phone payments keep you tied to your carrier just like a contract. You can't leave if you find a better deal.
- You're paying too much for your cell phone plan because you have to choose from the carrier's limited options.
- Smartphone models only undergo small changes from year to year, which means you're paying $500 to $1000 every year or two for little added benefit.
Here's what to do instead to save a ton of money:
- Bring your own phone to an MVNO. Keep your current phone if you wish, or buy a compatible refurbished AT&T cell phone for half the price of new.
- Switch to a cheaper carrier. It's easy and can save you 50% over your current cell phone plan without leaving the AT&T network.
- Sell your old phone online. You'll get more money when you sell your phone online for cash than by trading it into your carrier.
Owning your device gives you total control over your carrier and your budget.
In today's competitive wireless market you can have your cake and eat it too - that is to say you can have your reliable AT&T service and also have an affordable cell phone bill.
Need an upgrade? See the lowest prices on refurbished cell phones to make sure you get the best deal available from trusted sellers!