Shopping for the best AT&T iPhone plans?
You probably love the reliable coverage you get from the second-largest wireless carrier in the US, but you may not love the high prices.
Don't go anywhere because I'm going to show you how to save 50% or more on your AT&T service.
I'll also tell you how you can avoid high smartphone payments and get a great iPhone for less than half the cost of new.
The Best AT&T iPhone Plans of January 2020
Love the AT&T Network but Hate Their Prices?
There's no question that AT&T wireless coverage is extensive and reliable. But it's also expensive. Luckily, rising competition in the wireless industry means you can get the best AT&T iPhone plans at better rates than ever before.
How can you stay on the AT&T network but get lower prices? MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These are smaller mobile providers that buy up extra network capacity from the big four carriers and sell it at a lower rate.
MVNOs can give you a discount because they don't have the same expenses as the major carriers, like national marketing campaigns and brick-and-mortar store overhead costs.
AT&T vs h2o Wireless Price Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $576 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|h2o Wireless||AT&T 4G LTE||5GB||$27/mo||$324/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$48/mo||$576/yr|
AT&T MVNO Benefits
- Service on the same 4G LTE network AT&T uses
- Savings of up to 50% or more off your monthly charges
- Custom plans that fit your needs
- No contracts - service is typically prepaid
- Dependable customer service
- Easily bring your own phone and keep your number
- Easy to switch by signing up online
Best Cheap AT&T iPhone Plan
Red Pocket 1GB - $15/mo
|Network||AT&T, T-Mobile, Verzion, Sprint|
|Data Speed||4G LTE|
|3G Network||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone||Yes|
|Keep Your Number||Yes|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 70 countries|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 14 days|
Best AT&T Light Data iPhone Plan
PureTalk 3GB - $19/mo
Best AT&T Average Data iPhone Plan
H2O Mobile 5GB - $27/mo
Best AT&T Unlimited Data iPhone Plan
Pure Talk Unlimited - $41/mo
AT&T National 4G LTE Coverage Without AT&T Prices
Best Overall AT&T iPhone Plan: PureTalk USA
- Good plan selection
- Unlimited talk and text with all plans
- Unlimited 2G data
- Clean, user-friendly website
- Competitive pricing
- Multi-line discount
- No unlimited data plan
- International calling requires add-on calling card
Do You Actually Need Unlimited Data?
If you're like most people you just assume you need the biggest plan with the most possible high-speed data. Bear with me - I'm going to tell you why this matters.
- According to the US Labor Department, the cost of cell phone plans is going up.
- One of the main ways carriers increase revenue is by upping the price on unlimited cell phone plans.
- Customers on AT&T unlimited plans use an average of just 4 GB of data per billing cycle.
If you're an average user and you're subscribed to an unlimited iPhone plan, you're paying way too much! Yet the major carriers don't give you very many options.
That's where MVNOs come in - you can choose what you need, without paying for what you don't. Not sure how much data you actually need? Find out in seconds with our data usage calculator.
3 Simple Steps to Switch
Don't get caught up in the fear of switching - it really is simple! You can keep your own phone number, and carriers guide you through the process with easy to follow instructions.
- Decide what size plan you need: Once you've calculated your data usage and estimated how many calling minutes and texts you need, you'll be ready to decide on a plan.
- Pick the best MVNO: Choose the carrier that offers the best deal on a cell phone plan that suits your needs.
- Check your phone compatibility and sign up: Carrier websites typically have a way to check whether your device is compatible with their service. For AT&T MVNOs you'll need a GSM phone. Not every device is compatible, however, so you should check just to make sure.
If you don't have a compatible smartphone, don't worry - getting one is easy and affordable, as we'll cover next.
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished AT&T iPhone
If you've never considered buying a refurbished iPhone you're missing out on huge savings. Pay less than half of retail for a late-model device in great working condition.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished iPhone
You don't need to shell out almost $1000 to have a dependable device:
- Up to 50% or more off retail prices
- Affordable repairs at the many iPhone repair stores nationwide
- Warranties provided by most reputable sellers
- Owning your phone outright gives you freedom to go to any carrier
Compare the best deals on unlocked AT&T compatible iPhones.
Competition is a beautiful thing when it means cutting your bill in half and still getting the best AT&T iPhone plans available.
- Figure out what you need in terms of data, texts, and calling minutes.
- Choose the carrier that fits you from among the best AT&T MVNOs.
- Get a compatible refurbished iPhone for less than half the cost of new.
Once you're all hooked up with a cheaper cell phone plan, don't forget to sell your old iPhone and put more cash back in your pocket!