Best AT&T prepaid plans in 2021
If you love AT&T's network coverage but want a cheaper prepaid phone plan, you're in the right place.
Prepaid phone plans have come a long way from their original pay-by-the-minute days.
Now what you'll find all the same kinds of options available in postpaid plans - unlimited data plans, mobile hotspot use, international service and more.
Even better, we're going to show you how you can save up to $600 per year compared to postpaid plans from the major carriers.
AT&T vs AT&T MVNO Savings
AT&T vs Pure Talk Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $619 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Pure Talk||AT&T 4G LTE||4GB||$25/mo||$281/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$619/yr|
AT&T coverage without AT&T prices
If you feel like your monthly bill has been inching up bit by bit, you're not alone, and you're not imagining things. The average cell phone bill has grown to $80 a month, thanks in large part to the heavy push toward unlimited everything.
Prepaid is a great way to keep your costs down and stay out of a contract. and you don't even need one of the big four carriers in order to reap the benefits of their reliable 4G LTE networks.
Smaller carriers called MVNOs rent extra capacity on the major wireless networks and resell it at cheaper prices. They offer lower rates because they have lower overhead, typically operating through a website rather than in retail stores.
AT&T prepaid plan benefits
There are various reasons to go with this alternative option:
- Reliable service on the same AT&T 4G LTE network you already love
- Savings up to 50% or more off your monthly plan
- No-contract plans mean no credit checks
- Flexible plan options so you only pay for what you need
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Solid customer support
- Super easy to switch by ordering online and popping a new SIM card into your device
Best AT&T prepaid cell phone plans
Find the best AT&T MVNO for prepaid plans.
Best cheap AT&T prepaid plan
Best AT&T prepaid plan for unlimited data
Best AT&T prepaid plan for families
Best AT&T prepaid plan for talk & text only
Best AT&T prepaid plan for hotspot & tablet data
Bring your own AT&T phone
Switching carriers is way easier than you think. You can even bring your own AT&T phone to the new carrier. Once you know that the AT&T coverage serves your area, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Pick a carrier. Choose the right AT&T MVNO for your usage and budget. As always, make sure you read all the fine print.
- Choose a plan. Now that you know how much data you really need you're totally in control. Pick a plan that meets your needs without costing you extra for unnecessary data.
- Check phone compatibility. This really comes down to the type of technology used on the network. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM vs CDMA which is what Sprint and Verizon Wireless use. If you already own an AT&T device you should be good to go.
Just in case your phone is not compatible, you'll need an affordable solution - which we've got for you next.
AT&T prepaid plans comparison
|Pure Talk||AT&T||2GB||$15** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T||12GB||$25** $10 Off for 1 Month|
|Pure Talk||AT&T||4GB||$18.75** 25% Off for 3 Months|
Do you really need AT&T unlimited data?
Between your favorite apps, HD video streaming, and browsing the web, you might think that unlimited data is an obvious choice.
The fact is that the average AT&T unlimited plan customer uses just 4 GB of data per billing cycle. Think about that - it's like paying for a month of Netflix and watching one episode of your favorite show. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Just as with anything else you buy, the best way to save money on your cell phone plan is to identify exactly what you need and only buy that.
We make figuring out what you need simple with our data usage calculator.
AT&T Prepaid Phones
If high smartphone prices have you nervous about switching to a prepaid carrier - because you'll need to bring your own device in most cases - there's a very savvy solution.
The used and refurbished smartphone market is booming, and that means price competition and great perks for you.
AT&T prepaid phone benefits
- Buying a prepaid AT&T phone makes switching carriers a breeze.
- Get popular devices, like the Samsung Galaxy series, for at least 50% cheaper than retail.
- Reliable sellers offer additional protection like warranties and generous return policies.
- Buying used is the green choice!
The wireless market is changing in favor of consumers. If you really want to save money on your cell phone bill, it's all up to you to take the leap:
- Choose an AT&T prepaid MVNO.
- Get on a plan that fits your needs instead of your carrier's bottom line.
- Buy a refurbished or cheap used AT&T phone and free yourself from expensive phone payments.
- Sell your phone for cash!
Not sure the AT&T network is the right choice for you? Compare cell phone plans from numerous low cost carriers in one place.