Looking for a great deal on the Sprint network? That's not a trick question, and this deal from Sprint is no trick either.
The carrier isn't messing around with their limited time offer of free unlimited talk, text, and data for a whole year.Switch & Save $600/yr - Calculate Your Savings
Table of Contents
What Do You Get with the Sprint 1-Year Free Plan?
You're probably wondering what kind of cell phone plan you could possibly get for free. Even though it's their lowest tier unlimited plan t's actually a pretty good one.
- Unlimited 4G LTE data (may be deprioritized during times of congestion after 50 GB of use)
- Unlimited talk and text
- DVD-quality streaming (480p)
- Gaming speeds of 2 Mbps
- Global roaming in over 200 countries
- Up to five lines eligible for free service
- No contract
- Bring your own unlocked phone (must be compatible with CDMA bands)
- You must own your phone outright (you cannot owe payments on it to another carrier)
- Keep your phone number (you must be porting a number from another major carrier, not starting a new account)
- Must meet credit approval requirements
Is the Sprint Free Plan Actually Free?
Even though your service plan will be free of charge, it should come as no surprise that there are a few small fees associated with your account:
- $12.99 upfront - $2.99 for your SIM card with $10 shipping and handling
- $30 activation fee per line (credited back to you within two billing cycles)
- $2.50 admin fee
- .40 regulatory fee
- 5 - 20% in other fees (varies by location)
You'll also need to sign up for AutoPay and eBill. If you drop off of AutoPay you'll pay $5 extra per month. If you un-enroll from eBill and AutoPay you could pay an extra $7.99 depending upon whether your account spending is limited based on your credit decision.
How to Sign up for the Sprint 1-Year Free Plan
Getting started is pretty easy. You can take advantage of this offer by calling Sprint on (833) 593-3095
No matter which carrier you're currently with, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal, at least for the first year.
After your free year expires you'll be switched to normal Sprint Unlimited Basic rates - $60/month for the first line, $40 for the second, and $20 for each additional line.
At that point, you may want to compare cell phone plans on one of the best Sprint MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators - smaller, cheaper carriers that run on the big four networks). That way you could keep your device and network at a cost that's 50% or more off Sprint prices.
Finally, if you need to buy a compatible device to get in on the Sprint 1-Year Free plan you can compare refurbished Sprint phones in just seconds. It's a great way to save hundreds on your smartphone so that you can take advantage of this great deal from Sprint!