If you're only looking at the big four carriers - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint - you could be missing out on hundreds of dollars per year in savings.
Some of the cheapest iPhone plans are those offered by smaller cell phone carriers called MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). In fact, you can save over 50% on your cell phone bill just by switching carriers.
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Sprint MVNO plans starting at $10
In this guide, we'll take a look at the best Sprint iPhone plans available from these affordable mobile providers. I'll also show you how to save over half on your favorite smartphones. Let's get started!
Table of Contents
Do You Love the Sprint Network but Hate the Prices?
The fact is that you might not want to give up your reliable Sprint network coverage. The cost, however, can be hard on your wallet.
With Sprint MVNOs you don't have to sacrifice quality just to stay on your favorite network. You can bring your iPhone to a cheaper cell phone plan and still get the same great service you're used to.
MVNOs are able to give you better prices because they lease usage of the big guys' networks, yet they don't have the same high overhead and marketing expenses.
Benefits of MVNOs
Keep your beloved iPhone and gain these great advantages:
- The same service on the reliable Sprint network
- No contracts
- Cheaper by 50% or more
- Flexible custom plans so you only pay for what you need
- Easy to bring your own phone and keep your number
- High customer support ratings
- Fast and easy signup, typically done completely online
The most important thing to keep in mind with MVNOs is that your service will be on the same network as regular Sprint users. You won't have to sacrifice call quality or any of your favorite activities like video streaming.
Do You Really Need Unlimited iPhone Data?
Wireless customers are constantly barraged by pressure from the carriers to upgrade to the best, biggest, and most expensive plan they offer.
You might be shocked to know, however, that most people don't even approach a level of data usage that justifies an unlimited data plan. In fact, Sprint unlimited plan customers use an average of just 5 GB of data per billing cycle.
So the big question is - are you paying for data you don't even use? Calculate your data usage in seconds and see if you could save money by paring down to a smaller monthly service plan.
Sprint vs Sprint MVNO Price Comparison
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|Sprint||Sprint 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$60||$720|
|Twigby||Sprint 4G LTE||5GB||$33||$396|
|* Avg Sprint unlimited plan customer uses 4GB data|
Best Sprint MVNOs for iPhone
There are over a dozen carriers that operate on the nationwide Sprint wireless network. So which ones offer the best iPhone plans? Here are our top picks.
This Sprint prepaid carrier is great for low to medium data users. You get:
- Plan options ranging from 500 MB to 12 GB of LTE data
- Unlimited texting on most plans
- Free calling to over 70 countries
Compare Now: Red Pocket cell phone plans
If you're searching for a cheap unlimited iPhone data plan, TextNow has it. You also get;
- Options ranging from a free Wi-Fi plan up to unlimited high-speed data
- The ability to use your phone number on your other devices
- Mobile hotspot usage
- Discounts on additional lines of service
Compare Now: TextNow cell phone plans
3 Simple Steps to Switch
Don't let the thought of switching mobile carriers intimidate you. It's actually a pretty straight-forward process.
- Check your iPhone compatibility: This is easily done on the carrier's website. Sprint uses CDMA devices, so if you have a Sprint or Verizon iPhone you should be set (check with your IMEI number just to be sure, though!).
- Choose a Sprint MVNO and plan: If you used our data usage calculator you should have a pretty good idea of what you need. You can check your online account with your current carrier to see about text and minute usage.
- Sign up online: Most carriers provide simple ordering and account activation instructions so that it's fast and easy to get your SIM card and start enjoying your new, more affordable iPhone service!
Don't have a compatible iPhone? No worries - we've got the solution (spoiler alert - it won't cost you an arm and a leg!).
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished Sprint iPhone
As you probably well know, a brand new Apple iPhone runs between $600 and $1400. That's a hefty chunk of change - in fact, it's more than you'll pay for your cell phone service in an entire year!
Getting your hands on a late-model device in great condition doesn't have to mean emptying your bank account. When you buy a refurbished Sprint iPhone you'll save up to 50% or more off the retail price.
You won't be alone in making this smart choice, either. According to Fortune, analysts estimate that over 200 million of the 700 million iPhones in use worldwide were purchased used.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished iPhone
- Freedom - you'll own your iPhone, which means you can take it to any carrier you wish.
- Choice - with plenty of reputable phone sellers available you can choose the one that best fits your priorities on price, warranty, etc.
- Peace of mind - refurbished phones have been repaired and restored to excellent working condition. iPhone repair shops are on practically every corner, making fixes convenient and affordable.
See the best mobile cell phone deals and compare refurbished Sprint iPhones from multiple sellers side-by-side in just seconds.
It's easy to save hundreds on the best Sprint iPhone plans if you think outside the box a little bit. Alternative carriers and a thriving secondhand iPhone market are the keys to reining in those insane cell phone bills.
- Shop Sprint MVNOs for a custom plan suited to your needs and budget.
- Check your iPhone's compatibility.
- Check out refurbished Sprint iPhones for a great deal on a great device!
Don't forget, you can also sell your old iPhone for cash!
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Sprint MVNO plans starting at $10