T-Mobile BYOP Plans in 2021
BYOP stands for "bring your own phone". It refers to the practice of keeping your device when you change wireless carriers.
When it comes to BYOP on the T-Mobile network you have more options than you may think. Thanks to the uptick in smaller mobile providers called MVNOs, you and your smartphone can waltz right past T-Mobile's high prices and hook yourself up with a cheaper cell phone plan.
You can use your current phone and still have reliable wireless service on the carrier's nationwide 4G LTE network.
Whether you need an unlimited plan, a family plan, or extra features like international calling or mobile hotspot usage, there are BYOP plans to fit your needs.
Stay tuned to learn more about BYOP plans from top MVNOs and how you can save 50% off your cell phone bill without sacrificing the quality and coverage of the T-Mobile network.
T-Mobile vs T-Mobile MVNO savings
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||8GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
T-Mobile bring your own phone benefits
Here are just some of the advantages of bringing your own device to a T-Mobile MVNO:
- Get the same T-Mobile LTE coverage & speeds.
- Save 50% or more on your cell phone bill.
- Choose from custom plans - only pay for what you really need.
- Keep your phone number.
- No contracts, credit checks, or early termination fees.
- Enjoy great customer service.
- Buy online for fast and easy signup.
Best T-Mobile BYOP plans
Best cheap prepaid T-Mobile BYOP plan
Best T-Mobile BYOP plan for unlimited data
Best T-Mobile BYOP plan for families
Best T-Mobile BYOP plan for talk & text only
Best T-Mobile BYOD plan for hotspot & tablet data
Keep your T-Mobile phone & network coverage
Switching is simple:
- Choose a carrier powered by T-Mobile. There are plenty of carriers offering cheap T-Mobile service. Each one provides different plans and features, so you should have no trouble finding one to fit your data needs and budget.
- T-Mobile bring your own phone compatibility. T-Mobile uses the GSM network, which means you'll have the best luck if you already have a device that runs on either the T-Mobile or AT&T network. You can quickly check compatibility on most carrier websites.
- Order a SIM card online. Most MVNOs operate solely online, which makes it very easy to sign up. You just order a T-Mobile SIM card kit, pop it into your phone, and activate service following the carrier's instructions.
You'll want to be sure your device is unlocked from your last carrier. You should also know how to change your APN settings just in case you need to make some adjustments in your phone.
T-Mobile BYOP plans comparison
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||3GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|US Mobile||Verizon||Unltd||$40Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Unreal Mobile||T-Mobile||2GB||$10** $5 Off for 1 Month|
Do you really need T-Mobile unlimited data?
Even though the big four carriers make it sound like a necessity, unlimited data may be costing you way more than you need to pay.
When we looked at the numbers we found that T-Mobile unlimited plan customers use an average of just 6 GB of data per month. You wouldn't pay for a whole tank of gas then only pump a gallon, would you? It's like throwing money away!
A smarter strategy is to figure out how much data you actually do need, then buy a plan that fits your usage. We make it easy to get the real scoop with our data usage calculator.
Tired of paying ridiculous prices for your phone and cell service?
- Choose a cheap cell phone plan on one of the best T-Mobile MVNOs.
- Bring your own phone to your new carrier.
- Save over 50% off retail - compare prices on refurbished phones.
Not sure yet? Find out exactly how much you could save over your current phone bill by using our cell phone savings calculator. It's fast, easy, and can save you hundreds over the next year!