Best T-Mobile prepaid plans in 2021
If it's been a while since you shopped prepaid cell phone plans you're in a treat.
This sector of the mobile service market has undergone huge changes in recent years.
You can now choose from flexible - and affordable - plans designed to meet your needs and still get the T-Mobile coverage that you trust.
We'll show you how to find the best T-Mobile prepaid phone plans, including how to save up to $600 per year.
Whether you're looking for the best T-Mobile family plans or want to compare the best T-Mobile hotspot plans, we've got you covered.
You may not be aware of all the options so if want to save hundreds on your service, keep reading!
T-Mobile vs T-Mobile MVNO savings
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||8GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
T-Mobile coverage without T-Mobile prices
Americans often see their smartphone as a financial burden. We don't think it should be that way.
Following decades of limited options for cell phone customers, competition is finally heating up. You now have the choice of keeping your great network performance without being trapped in expensive postpaid plans.
This competition is thanks to MVNOs - or Mobile Virtual Network Operators. MVNOs are smaller carriers that rent space on the big four networks. MVNOs can sell you this service at a cheaper price than the major carriers due to their lower operating costs.
T-Mobile prepaid plan benefits
Cheap cell phone plans may be the reason you come to a prepaid carrier but there are plenty of other benefits as well:
- Service on the same reliable T-Mobile 4G LTE network you love.
- 50% or more off your monthly plan.
- Flexible custom plans.
- No contracts or overage charges with prepaid service.
- Bring your own T-Mobile phone and number.
- Great customer service.
- Easy to switch by ordering a new SIM card online.
Best T-Mobile prepaid cell phone plans
Best cheap T-Mobile prepaid plan
Best T-Mobile prepaid plan for unlimited data
Best T-Mobile prepaid plan for families
Best T-Mobile prepaid plan for talk & text only
Best T-Mobile prepaid plan for hotspot & tablet data
Bring your own T-Mobile phone
The thought of switching wireless carriers is intimidating, right? Don't worry, in reality, it's as easy as 1-2-3.
Once you check the T-Mobile network coverage map to make sure you'll get service, just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a T-Mobile MVNO. Pick a carrier with the features you want, like international calling or mobile hotspot usage.
- Pick a prepaid plan. Now that you know how much data you actually need, choosing a plan without overpaying should be a snap.
- Check phone compatibility. T-Mobile - like the AT&T network - uses GSM devices (Sprint and Verizon use CDMA). You'll need to check your new carrier's website to see if your phone will work on their service.
Once you've got everything in order, simply follow the activation instructions provided by your new carrier!
Don't have a T-Mobile phone? Up next - save 50% or more on a compatible device.
T-Mobile prepaid plans comparison
|Red Pocket Mobile||AT&T||1GB||$10|
|US Mobile||Verizon||3.5GB||$15Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ting||T-Mobile||5GB||$20** $5 Off for 12 Months|
|Unreal Mobile||T-Mobile||2GB||$10** $5 Off for 1 Month|
Do you really need T-Mobile unlimited data?
Even though the big four carriers make it sound like a necessity, unlimited data may be costing you way more than you need to pay.
When we looked at the numbers we found that T-Mobile unlimited plan customers use an average of just 6 GB of data per month. You wouldn't pay for a whole tank of gas then only pump a gallon, would you? It's like throwing money away!
A smarter strategy is to figure out how much data you actually do need, then buy a plan that fits your usage. We make it easy to get the real scoop with our data usage calculator.
T-Mobile prepaid phones
Buying a new phone is a huge investment, with prices running as high as $1000 for flagship devices. You have a better option - buying a used or refurbished smartphone.
The market is teeming with incredible values on phones in great condition, unlocked and ready for use on your chosen carrier.
T-Mobile prepaid phone benefits
- Save up to 50% or more off retail prices.
- Avoid device payments that tie you to your carrier - you're free to take your paid-off phone anywhere.
- Choose from several highly reliable seller sites that offer things like warranties and free shipping.
Refurbished phones are repaired and restored before they're put on the market. Used phones, on the other hand, are sold as-is, typically directly by the owner and at a lower cost than refurbs.
The prepaid plan revolution continues to grow rapidly.
- T-Mobile MVNO prepaid plans are affordable and flexible.
- Owning your device means you can switch carriers whenever you wish.
- A refurbished phone adds hundreds to your savings.