Cheapest Verizon Network Prepaid Plans
Prepaid cell phone plans aren't what they used to be even a few years ago.
No longer stigmatized "pay by the minute" convenience store fare, prepaid is transforming the wireless industry through smaller, much more affordable carriers.
It's no wonder more people are making the switch from postpaid plans to prepaid. No-contract plans are the perfect complement to bring your own phone programs and don't require a stressful credit check, annual contract, or activation fees.
Plus, you don't even have to leave your favorite network. Keep the same reliable service - and get it at about 50% or less of the cost.
If you love Verizon, you're in the right place. I'll show you the best Verizon prepaid plans, plus how to save half off the retail price of top smartphones.
Love the Verizon Network but Want a Prepaid Plan?
Increasing competition in the wireless market means you have a wide variety of options outside just the big four providers.
This competition is thanks in large part to MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These service providers use the same network equipment as the major carriers by leasing their extra capacity. The difference is that they keep their operating costs low so that they can offer cheaper cell phone plans to consumers.
Verizon vs US Mobile Price Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $480 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$40/mo||$480/yr|
Benefits of Choosing a Verizon Prepaid MVNO
There's a slew of advantages to going with an MVNO:
- Service on the reliable 4G LTE network you're used to
- Cheaper plans by 50% and more
- No contracts - you prepay plan costs
- Flexible plan options - only pay for what you need
- Bring your own phone and keep your phone number
- Solid customer service
- Easy online signup
Stay tuned for a peek at the best Verizon MVNOs.
Cheapest Verizon 1GB Prepaid Plan
Cheapest Verizon 3GB Prepaid Plan
Cheapest Verizon 5GB Prepaid Plan
Cheapest Verizon Prepaid Unlimited Plan
Do You Need Unlimited Data?
This question may seem out of left field but bear with me. There's a lot of pressure to buy the biggest, most expensive smartphone plan available. Unlimited data plans sound great in theory, right?
If you want to save money on your cell phone plan, though, the best thing you can do is figure out whether you actually need an endless stream of high speed data. The answer is probably no.
Customers on the best Verizon unlimited plans use an average of just 4 GB of data per billing cycle. That's like paying for a full tank of gas and only pumping one gallon into your car. Insane, right?
Want to know if you're paying for more data than you need? Find out now with our data usage calculator.
Switch in 3 Easy Steps
- Choose the best Verizon MVNO. Once you've calculated your data usage and figured out which features matter most to you, you can pick the carrier with the right fit.
- Choose a plan. Decide on the specific plan you want. This is where you'll save the most money because you can go with one that gives you enough data for your needs without going overboard.
- Check phone compatibility. You'll need a compatible unlocked device. If you already have a Verizon phone you should be all set because they come already unlocked for use on another carrier.
Now all you need to do is order a SIM card from your chosen carrier and follow their activation instructions.
Don't have a compatible Verizon phone? Keep reading to find out how to get a great deal on your device.
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished Verizon Phone
As I'm sure you've noticed, a $1000 price tag on a smartphone is considered normal these days. Device payments make it seem a little less painful, since you're paying about $30 a month instead of a lump sum. Here's the problem though - financing ties to you your carrier, essentially functioning as a contract.
You're trying to get away from contracts and lower your wireless bills by using cheaper prepaid carriers, which is a super smart strategy. We believe your phone should be a financially wise decision as well, which is why we recommend buying refurbished.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished Verizon Phone
- Choose from top smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy and popular Apple iPhone models.
- Get up to 50% or more off the retail price.
- The used and refurbished smartphone market is thriving, which means reputable sellers abound.
- Depending on the seller you'll get perks like free shipping and a limited warranty.
Going this route, you'll get an amazing deal on a great device, plus you'll know that it's compatible with your new carrier.
On an even tighter budget? Learn how to find the best cheap Verizon phones (under $200!).
Verizon prepaid plans are a great option if you're ready to get away from the major carriers' ever-growing rates. You get to keep your solid network without the crushing prices.
Maximize your savings:
- Choose a carrier from the best Verizon MVNOs.
- Sign up for a Verizon prepaid plan that fits your needs and budget.
- Shop the best deals on refurbished Verizon phones.
- Sell your old phone for cash!