Best Verizon phone plans in 2020
If you've shopped Verizon cell phone plans lately, you know how insanely expensive they are.
The dilemma is that you also know how reliable the Verizon network is according to mobile performance analysts like RootMetrics.
Stay tuned - I'm going to show you how to get the same great service you love without the high cost.
I'll also give you the information you need to choose the right carrier at half the price, plus save over 50% on your smartphone. Let's get started!
Love the Verizon Network but Hate the High Prices?
Fortunately, today's competitive wireless service market means you can have your cake and eat it too. Which is to say, you can have the lightning-fast, dependable service that Verizon's infrastructure provides, without breaking the bank.
These cell phone companies buy space on the big guys' networks and sell it to you cheaper. They can afford to pass some of their savings on to you because they don't have the high marketing and overhead expenses like the major carriers do.
Verizon vs US Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $480 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$40/mo||$480/yr|
The Benefits of Choosing a Verizon MVNO
MVNOs are a great choice for multiple reasons:
- Same reliable 4G LTE service as the major carriers
- Cheaper by 50% or more
- No contracts
- Flexible custom plans - create one that fits your needs
- Great customer service ratings
- BYOP - bring your own phone and keep your number
- Easy to switch by ordering a SIM card online
Cheapest Verizon 1GB Plan
Cheapest Verizon 3GB Plan
Cheapest Verizon 5GB Cell Phone Plan
Cheapest Verizon Unlimited Plan
Do You Really Need Unlimited Data?
Before choosing a plan you should look at how much high-speed data you actually need. Even though the major wireless carriers push unlimited everything, the fact is that the average smartphone user doesn't come close to touching the upper limits of their plan.
In fact, data shows that Verizon Wireless unlimited plan customers only use an average of 4 GB of data per month. That means most people are simply paying way too much for data they don't need or use.
You can figure out your data needs quickly and conveniently with our data usage calculator. This will help you choose the right plan so that you don't overpay.
3 Simple Steps to Switch
We understand - the idea of switching cell phone providers can be daunting. We promise though - changing to a Verizon MVNO really is simple!
- Calculate your data usage: One of the best ways to save money on your cell phone plan is to only pay for what you actually use. Knowing what you need helps you choose the right plan.
- Choose the best Verizon MVNO for your needs: Some carriers excel in budget plans for light users while others have flexible options for data-hungry smartphone owners. Choose the carrier that fits you best rather than just giving in to the major carriers' pressure tactics.
- Choose a plan and sign up online: Most MVNOs make it super simple to get started with their service. They provide an easy ordering process and instructions every step of the way.
If you're keeping your own device you'll typically find instructions on your new carrier's website for getting your phone programmed to your new plan.
If you're getting a new smartphone just make sure you're getting a device that's compatible with Verizon...which brings us to our next topic - putting more cash back in your pocket when it comes time to buy a new phone!
Save Even More Money - Buy a Refurbished Verizon Phone
So here's the thing - if you're searching for a way to save money on a Verizon plan, you're probably not excited about dropping $1000 on a brand new smartphone.
There is a smart alternative: refurbished phones typically sell for about 50% of the cost of new or less.
Benefits of Buying Refurbished
- Get the latest smartphones for half the price of new.
- Reputable phone sellers make it easy to buy from a reliable source.
- Refurbished devices have been repaired to great working condition.
- Many sellers provider a warranty for added peace of mind.
If you're ready to save hundreds of dollars per year on your cell phone plan but you're not ready to give up the reliable connection you get on the Verizon network, an MVNO is an ideal solution:
- Switching to Verizon doesn't mean paying their high prices.
- Custom options from MVNOs compete with even the best Verizon cell phone plans.
- You'll save even more money when you compare refurbished cell phones.
See how much money you can save over your current carrier with our cell phone plan savings calculator!