Prepaid flip phone deals in 2022
Fancy getting the best prepaid flip phone while saving up to $600 a year, per line?
At a time when all your household costs are increasing, your cell phone bill doesn't need to be one of them. At MoneySavingPro we can help you find the prepaid flip phone you want, on your favorite network, at a much lower cost.
If you've not heard of MVNOs, you're not alone. They're low-cost carriers that operate on the three major US networks, offering the same 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage but with plans starting as low as $10 a month.
Buying a flip phone directly from a major network may look like a good deal initially but after factoring in the cost of their over-priced unlimited data plans over 3 years, you could end up paying as much as $2,000 more than you need to!
We've compiled a list of the latest prepaid flip phones from low-cost carriers, so you can find the best phone deal at the cheapest price without sacrificing your wireless service.
Best prepaid Motorola flip phone
The Motorola RAZR has 256GB storage capacity. It includes a 6.2", 2.7" screen and 48MP camera. This new RAZR is available from US Mobile with Verizon & T-Mobile network coverage and prices starting from $64/mo.
|Motorola RAZR 256GB||-||-||-||$64/mo|
Main: Foldable Plastic OLED, External: Glass OLED
|Resolution||Main: 2142 x 876 External: 800 x 600|
|Battery life (video playback)||8 hours|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G|
|Video resolution||4K, FHD, HD|
|Size||6.66 x 2.86 x 0.31in|
|Secure Autdentication||Touch ID|
Best prepaid Samsung flip phone
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip has 128GB storage capacity. It includes a 6.7" screen and 12MP camera. This new Galaxy Z Flip is available from Mint Mobile with T-Mobile network coverage and prices starting from $33/mo.
FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED
|Resolution||1080 x 2636 pixels|
|Battery life (video playback)||9 hours|
|Video resolution||UHD 8K|
|Size||6.59 x 2.9 x 0.28in|
Prepaid flip phones benefits
Whether you're looking for a smartphone or a basic cell phone, MVNOs offer the best flip phones.
You'll find all the same phones as with the big three, and if flexibility is important, some MVNOs offer unlocked flip phones, so you're not tied to one carrier or network.
There are plenty of benefits when purchasing a phone with a low-cost carrier.
- Save money: MVNOs like Mint Mobile offers the cheapest flip phones while saving you up to $600 per year, per line.
- Latest cell phones: Offering the same phones as the big three, but without the three-year contract.
- No long-term commitment: Find a selection of prepaid flip phones from low-cost carriers giving you the freedom of no contract.
- Cheap monthly payments: Many low-cost carriers offer affordable interest-free payment plans on their phones along with cell phone plans starting from only $10 a month.
- Unlimited data plan: There's still the option of unlimited data phone plans, however unlimited doesn't always mean unlimited, so be sure to check the small print.
- 4G LTE speeds: There are plenty of 4G flip phones available that give you access to the nationwide 4G LTE network.
- Android phones: Whether you're looking for the latest Samsung flip phones or cheap Android flip phones you'll find some great deals with MVNOs.
- Phones for seniors: Choose from the best flip phones for seniors including Samsung Galaxy and Motorola flip phones.
- Phones for kids: Low-cost carriers offer a variety of flip phones as well as the latest Samsung Galaxy. For even more savings they offer the best family phone plans with multi-line discounts.
Best T-Mobile prepaid flip phones
Best Verizon prepaid flip phones
Best AT&T prepaid flip phones
Best cheap prepaid flip phone plans
|US Mobile 500MB plan||500MB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$5* FREE 10-Day Trial|
|Tello 1GB plan||1GB||T-Mobile||$10|
|Twigby 4GB plan||4GB||Verizon||$10** $10 Off for 3 Months|
|Mint Mobile 10GB plan||10GB||T-Mobile||$20** 3 Months FREE: $60 for 6 mths service|
|Mint Mobile unlimited data plan||Unltd||T-Mobile||$30** 3 Months FREE: $90 for 6 mths service|
Prepaid flip phones FAQs
Are flip phones coming back?
Absolutely, flip phones have been slowly making a comeback over the last few years. Even Samsung has created the Galaxy Fold Z which combines smartphone and flip phone, and in 2020 the popular Motorola Razr was given a makeover.
What is the best prepaid flip phone?
The best will depend on what you're looking for from your cell phone, but there's plenty of choice for everyone. The Samsung Galaxy S Fold is a popular premium option for a flip smartphone and for more basic options there are the Alcatel Go Flip and the LG B470.
What does prepaid flip phone mean?
Prepaid flip phones are no contract phones. You can purchase the phone outright or sometimes with a monthly finance plan and you'll have the flexibility of not being locked into a long-term contract with one particular carrier.
Whether you're looking for the latest Motorola Razr or just a cheap flip phone, Mobile Virtual Network Operators can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
MVNOs, like Red Pocket or Visible, offer prepaid flip phones with cheap plans, often with interest-free payments over 12-24 months.
Although the major networks offer to finance over 36 months, being tied into their over-priced unlimited data plans for 3 years could mean wasting as much as $2,000!
Compare deals from low-cost carriers to find the best prepaid flip phones at the cheapest price.