Best cheap Sprint cell phones in 2020
Is it time for your Sprint smartphone upgrade?
Before you run off to the Sprint store and drop $1000 on the newest flagship phone, read the following guide.
We're going to show you how to find cheap Sprint phones - under $300 - without sacrificing high quality and great features.
Plus, you'll get bonus tips for saving tons on your cell phone plan!
- Sprint iPhone 8: Best Deal - $329
Sprint Price Comparison Chart
|Apple iPhone 8||Sprint||Tello||$329|
Best Cheap Sprint iPhone 8 Price: Tello
Today's Cheapest Price: $329
Buy Used to Get the Best Cheap Sprint Phones
With the price tag of new smartphones skyrocketing over recent years, it's easy to spend over a grand on "the next best thing."
If you're looking to change up your phone but want a more fiscally savvy option, consider buying a used phone. This affordable option gives you more benefits than just price:
- It's a better value: Most of the time the newest generation of the smartphone comes with only a few minor changes. Obscure camera features or a slightly bigger display are hardly worth the hefty price increase.
- Repairs are simple: No more shipping your smartphone off to the warranty company. Pop down to the local phone repair store and get your device back quickly and affordable.
- Reputable sellers give you peace of mind: The ever-growing used cell phone market has spawned a variety of dependable seller sites.
- You own your phone - and your freedom: When you buy a used Sprint phone for under $200 you can pay outright, thus avoiding phone payments and commitment to your carrier. Find a cheaper cell phone plan? No problem - switch any time you want!
Scientific American sums the issue up perfectly - "utility, not the insecurity of being left behind, should drive your decisions."
Here at MoneySavingPro, we're committed to making it easy for you to find the best deal on your next phone. Use our convenient comparison engine to instantly see the lowest prices on used Sprint phones.
Key Considerations When Buying a Used Sprint Phone
Here's a rundown of the factors you should keep in mind while you're shopping for a new-to-you device:
- Warranty: Most popular phone seller sites offer a warranty for your peace of mind. The length depends on the site you buy from. Gazelle, for example, offers a 30-day guarantee, while Decluttr gives you a free one-year limited warranty.
- Return policy: The option to return your phone if it's not satisfactory can give you much added peace of mind. The return policy for used phones spans a wide gamut. Swappa, for example, only allows returns if the seller has misrepresented the device, while BuyBackWorld has a 30-day no questions asked return period.
- Certified phones: If a device is sold as certified pre-owned it means that the phone has been put through a rigorous inspection and testing process.
- Device compatibility: Sprint operates on the CDMA network, which means you'll have the best results with your service if you buy an unlocked CDMA phone. Be sure to check your carrier's website to ensure compatibility.
- Payment options: Some sites offer installment payments on used phones. Read the fine print on interest rates to make sure you're not paying too much in the end.
- Timing: Cell phones get cheaper as soon as a new generation is released. For example, prices on the Samsung Galaxy S7 are at an all-time low now that the Galaxy S9 is out.
How to Save Even More Money
Want to put a little more money back in your pocket? Try this:
Sell Your Old Phone
Not only do the recommended sites above offer amazing deals for you to shop, but they also offer cash when you sell your old phone online.
If you're thinking about trading in your mobile device to your carrier, first take a look at our comparison of Sprint trade-in values vs. selling your phone.
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
Don't let the cell phone savings stop there, consider switching to a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). Simply put, MNVOs are small carriers that contract service and tower use from the "Big Four" – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
In other words, you're getting the big company coverage at small company prices. MNVOs make this possible as they have much lower overhead than the big guys so can afford to offer consumers lower rates. Signing up for an MVNO is quick and easy and can be done completely online.
Other benefits of switching to an MVNO include:
- Custom plans - pay for what you actually need
- No credit checks
- No contracts
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- High customer service ratings
Get the right plan for you from one of the best Sprint MVNOs - whether you need the bare bones or an unlimited data plan, they've got options to fit everyone's needs at very competitive prices.
There's no need to pay an arm and a leg for Sprint phones and plans:
- Compare prices on cheap used Sprint phones for sale by reliable sellers.
- Switch to a Sprint MVNO to get a cheap cell phone plan.
- Sell your old phone for cash.
The best Sprint deals aren't always just those you find in the store and on the Sprint website - there's plenty of savings to be had if you look a little deeper.
Want to see how much you can save? Use our handy cell phone plan savings calculator!
COMPARE NOW: Sprint Cell Phone Deals