Best cheap Verizon cell phones in 2021
Practically everyone wants a high-end phone, but the problem is coming to terms with the outrageous price tag on the newest smartphone at your Verizon store.
While some people are happy to pay retail, savvy shoppers are looking for a better deal – this is where the used smartphone market comes in.
Find out how you can get some of the cheapest Verizon phones without sacrificing quality, features, or function.
Best cheap Verizon iPhone deals
Cheapest Verizon iPhones
Compare cheap Verizon iPhone prices
|Phone||AT&T||Verizon||T-Mobile||Unlocked||iPhone 11||$349||$349||$349||$349||iPhone 11 Pro||$649||$649||$649||$649||iPhone 11 Pro Max||$749||$749||$749||$749||iPhone 12||$579||$579||$579||$579||iPhone 12 Mini||$479||$479||$479||$479||iPhone 12 Pro||$749||$749||$749||$749||iPhone 12 Pro Max||$849||$849||$849||$849||iPhone SE 2020||$149||$149||$149||$149||iPhone XR||-||$499||$499||$499|
Best cheap Verizon Galaxy deals
Cheapest Verizon Samsung phones
Compare cheap Verizon Galaxy prices
|Phone||AT&T||Verizon||T-Mobile||Unlocked||Galaxy A11||$50||$229||-||$50||Galaxy A21||$50||$279||-||$50||Galaxy A51||$150||$400||-||$150||Galaxy A71||-||$650||-||$650||Galaxy Note20||-||$600||-||$600||Galaxy Note20 Ultra||-||$899||-||$899||Galaxy S20||$750||$600||-||$600||Galaxy S20 Ultra||-||$1,000||-||$1,000||Galaxy S20+||$949||$800||-||$800|
Cheap Verizon refurbished phones
Refurbished Samsung phones
Refurbished cell phone benefits
The smartphone industry is making astronomical profits by quickly releasing "the next best thing" that we convince ourselves we just have to have.
It's true, the sleek shine of new devices released year after year can be very seductive. In the end, though, what you really need is a solid high-end phone that doesn't empty your bank account. The solution? Used or refurbished Verizon phones.
Why a secondhand phone is a great choice for today's sensible consumer:
- Save money: Go with, say, a Samsung Galaxy S7 over the Galaxy S9 and save - literally - hundreds of dollars. There are plenty of solid, feature-filled budget phones in an even lower price range - like the Apple iPhone SE or the Samsung Galaxy J7.
- Don't miss out on much: We have such a FOMO complex these days, but the truth is that changes between smartphone models don't usually amount to much. You might see improved battery life, enhanced front camera or rear camera, or a change in the position of the fingerprint sensor.
- Get your device fixed easily: Phone repair shops make it simple and affordable to get your phone fixed without hassle.
- Own your own phone - and your freedom: When you commit to a payment plan for your brand-new smartphone, you're really committing to your carrier. When you buy used you're free to switch carriers if you find a better deal.
Key considerations when buying a cheap Verizon phone
In addition to understanding the difference between "used" and "refurbished" (used phones are sold as-is, refurbished have usually been tested, cleaned, and restored) - there are a few other useful things to factor in when shopping used and refurbished Verizon phones for sale.
- Warranties: It's true, there is such a thing as a used phone warranty. The length of yours will depend upon which site you buy your phone from. Some, like Gazelle offer you 30 days while Decluttr gives you a full year.
- Return policy: We say it a lot - read the fine print. You want peace of mind in case your phone isn't as advertised. Most reputable sites give you some protection in this area. There will be a time limit so make sure you understand the terms of your purchase.
- Device compatibility: Your smartphone will be little more than a paperweight if it doesn't work on your network. Verizon is a CDMA network so you want an unlocked CDMA phone.
- Certified pre-owned: Certified phones have been put through a rigorous inspection and testing process, giving you an extra layer of confidence.
- Timing: Phones are cheapest when a new model is released. So if a new generation is about to drop you'll see the last few models get even cheaper.
- Payment plans: It's generally best to pay for your used phone in full at the time of purchase. There are a couple of seller sites that do offer phone financing if you need it, though.
Switch to a cheap Verizon cell phone plan
Our goal here at MoneySavingPro is to help you put the most cash possible back in your pocket. So we aren't going to stop with just great deals on Verizon phones.
Another surefire way to save money is to consider switching to a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). Simply put, MVNOs are small carriers that lease service on the big four networks – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Due to lower overhead, these smaller providers can sell you service on your favorite reliable network for much less than the big guys.
Verizon vs Reach Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $465 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|Reach Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||8GB||$45/mo||$495/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$465/yr|
Verizon MVNO benefits:
- No contracts
- No credit checks
- Custom plans
- Solid customer support
- Easily bring your own phone and keep your number
Compare cheap Verizon cell phone plans
|Reach Mobile||Verizon||3GB||$15** $15 Off for 3 Months|
|US Mobile||Verizon||30GB||$30Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Xfinity Mobile||Verizon||Unltd||$45** Available to Xfinity Internet Customers|
|Twigby||Verizon||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 6 Months|
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Verizon cell phone plans
Sell your old Verizon phone for cash
Sell your old phone online and get it out of your house while pocketing some extra cash.
While you could trade your phone in with your current carrier, you'll get a much better price selling it on your own. Compare Verizon trade-in values with what you can get in cold, hard cash.
If your phone is still functioning properly and doesn't have severe cosmetic damage, you can make some major bank!
There's no need to pay an arm and a leg for Verizon phones and plans:
- Get a great budget phone at the lowest price available with our cell phone comparison tool.
- Switch to a cheaper cell phone plan without losing service quality.
- Sell your old phone for cash!
Haven't settled on a specific model yet? Check out our picks for the best cheap phones under $300!
COMPARE NOW: Verizon Cell Phone Deals