MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Ultra Mobile is powered by the T-Mobile 5G wireless network, offering the same coverage without the expensive price tag.
Ultra Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), they provide cell phone service that could save you $600 per year on your phone bill without sacrificing wireless coverage or call quality.
Below you'll find further information to help decide if Ultra Mobile has the best wireless coverage for your needs.
Does Ultra Mobile have 5G?
Ultra Mobile 5G cell phone coverage
The FCC collects coverage data, which only offers an approximate indication and doesn't account for indoor coverage. The actual speed and performance can vary depending on your location and device. The reception you experience is influenced by local conditions and elements like natural and artificial physical features in your area.
What 5G towers does Ultra Mobile use?
Ultra Mobile operates on the T-Mobile network, so you'll have access to the same 5G wireless coverage where available.
Even if you've had a plan with T-Mobile before, it's always worth checking cell phone coverage in your area, which you can easily do with our ZIP code checker for availability at your address.
Compare Ultra Mobile network coverage
Does Ultra Mobile have 5G?
You can get access to the T-Mobile 5G network at no extra cost with Ultra Mobile, with a 5G compatible device.
Is Ultra Mobile available in your area?
Compare Ultra Mobile 5G plans
|Ultra Mobile 3GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||3GB||$10/mo $19/mo|
|Ultra Mobile unlimited talk & text plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||0GB||$13/mo $15/mo|
|Ultra Mobile 10GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$20/mo $29/mo|
|Ultra Mobile 15GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$31/mo $39/mo|
|Ultra Mobile unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$39/mo $49/mo|
What are the benefits of Ultra Mobile 5G wireless service?
- Value for money: Ultra Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Ultra Mobile could save you money, up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: Delivering convenient options for everyone, Ultra Mobile plans have no contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Ultra Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Ultra Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Ultra Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Ultra Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Ultra Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Ultra Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working or streaming Netflix without WiFi.
- Customer service: Find out what current Ultra Mobile customers are saying with Ultra Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans, you'll find a range of Ultra Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Ultra Mobile deals to see what savings are currently available.
Read our full Ultra Mobile review
Ultra Mobile features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 10 day|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 80 countries|
- AT&T vs Ultra Mobile
- Boost Infinite vs Ultra Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Ultra Mobile
- Tello vs Ultra Mobile
- Twigby vs Ultra Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Ultra Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Ultra Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Ultra Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Ultra Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Mint Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Optimum Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs PureTalk
- Ultra Mobile vs Reach Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Spectrum Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Ultra Mobile vs T-Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Tello
- Ultra Mobile vs Total by Verizon
- Ultra Mobile vs Tracfone
- Ultra Mobile vs US Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Visible
- Ultra Mobile vs Xfinity Mobile
- US Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Verizon vs Ultra Mobile
Ultra Mobile 5G coverage FAQs
Ultra Mobile makes it possible to get a cell phone plan on the T-Mobile network without the big ticket prices.
Ultra Mobile offers the same 5G coverage and data speeds where available. With MVNOs you'll get flexible plans with no contracts, so you can amend or cancel without additional fees.
Ultra Mobile guides
- Ultra Mobile Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
- Best Ultra Mobile Phone Plans
- Ultra Mobile Unlimited Plans
- Best Ultra Mobile Family Plans
- Ultra Mobile SIM Cards
- Ultra Mobile Cell Phone Plans Review
- Ultra Mobile Coverage Map
- Ultra Mobile 5G Coverage Map
- Ultra Mobile Reviews
- Best Ultra Mobile Deals
- Best Ultra Mobile Prepaid Phones
- Ultra Mobile iPhone Deals
- Best Ultra Mobile Phone Deals
- Ultra Mobile BYOP: Phone Compatibility Checker