Experian Credit Score
Experian, a global information service, is one of the leading credit report agencies with operations spanning upwards of 40 countries. Based in Dublin, Ireland, they also have headquarters in Nottingham UK; Costa Mesa, California; Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Heredia, Costa Rica.
Experian delivers your credit score and reports by gathering information from its database plus the other two main bureaus, namely Equifax and TransUnion. Through the site, you can purchase either a one-time report or ongoing monitoring for month-to-month tracking.
To identify the degree of risk you pose to financial lenders, Experian uses the FICO scoring model. Previously, they used the PLUS scoring method. The one drawback to this type of model is that many lenders do not use it. This means that you might get a slightly different score than your financial institution. With the FICO scoring model, they can give you a more accurate credit report.
Experian Credit Report Key Features
Experian has many different programs and features that are designed to help you better understand and monitor your credit.
- Online Dispute Tool – Besides being able to view reports from the other two credit bureaus, Experian has a tool that lets you dispute and fix any errors you might see with your credit. Any unauthorized inquiries on your account can be taken care of with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Score Estimator – Are you curious to see how a financial decision might affect your credit score? Experian uses a database of information to indicate how an action may affect your score. This is the perfect tool if you are considering opening a new credit line and want a glimpse of the possible effects.
- Identity Fraud – Worried that someone might have taken your identity? Experian gives you the option to freeze your credit reports in order to prevent your information being leaked without your permission. In fact, as soon as a fraud attempt is detected, Experian will send you an immediate alert and assign you a personal fraud resolution specialist to handle your case. You can rest assured knowing that your credit score will remain unaffected by any unauthorized purchases.
- Credit Education – If you are looking to know more about credit and what exactly can affect it, Experian provides educational material to help educate you about your finances. You can find video tutorials and blog articles that will provide you with everything you need to know. Those who are serious about wanting to improve their credit might find this feature very practical.
- Dashboard -To help consumers better understand the nature of scores, Experian created a dashboard feature which is basically a credit summary of your recent alerts and reports. You will be kept up-to-date with the latest transactions on your account.
- Customer Service – Need help with your credit on Saturday and Sunday? Experian provides you with toll-free support 7 days a week. Whether through email or phone, an Experian customer service representative will gladly assist you with any questions.
Experian Credit Report Pricing
Experian offers affordable pricing for different types of plans.
- Experian Credit Check Basic: $10 - This simple Experian credit report lets you know what your Experian score is.
- Experian Credit Report and FICO Score: $19.95 - This provides you with a credit score from Experian and a more detailed report in to your credit.
- 3 Bureau Credit Report and FICO Scores: $39.95 - With this option you will get FICO scores from all three credit bureaus as well as detailed reports.
- Experian Identity Theft Protection: $15.95 per month - For a monthly fee, you will get access to many of the features listed above such as Experian credit reports and scores, daily credit monitoring, daily Internet ID scanning, and Fraud support.
- Experian Credit Tracker: $4.95 for first month, $14.95 per each additional month - The credit tracker option gives you all the options from the identity theft protection except for the daily Internet ID scanning.
Experian Credit Score - VantageScore & FICO
In addition to offering scores from the other two major credit bureaus, Experian offers VantageScores as well. If you're trying to get as in-depth as possible into your credit than you will be satisfied. You can also access your FICO score for only $1. This provides you with the FICO Score 8 model score. Experian will definitely help out those who want to be on top of their credit.
Experian Credit Report - Business Services
Besides Credit Reports, Experian also provides many different services for businesses. You can find such products and services like customer acquisition, customer management, risk management, business fraud management, debt recovery, consulting services, data breach resolution, regulatory compliance, and other interesting features. They also cater to such diverse industries ad automotive, collections, credit unions, health, utility and communications, and public sector work. Experian caters to businesses large and small.
Experian Credit Score Free Trial
If you haven't cut the cable cord just yet, you should be aware of FreeCreditReport.com and FreeCreditScore.com from their seemingly omnipresent commercials. Believe it or not, these websites are owned and operated by Experian. By signing up with these websites, you will be entitled to a free seven-day trial. Those who are happy after the first week will be signed up for the Credit Tracker plan at $14.99 a month. So if you're the type of person that likes to dip your feet before jumping in, Experian has got you covered.
Experian Credit Monitoring Tracker App
Smartphone users rejoice! Experian can help you monitor your credit wherever you go. Some of the features include being able to see how your FICO score is calculated, tracking your score over time, on-the-go alerts for changes to your credit, insights into what's benefiting you FICO score, access to your accounts and rating, as well as fraud support to keep your credit safe. You can find many of the same features that you find online. You can watch your credit rating continue to rise and become a credit master.
Experian Review Recap
Experian delivers on its promises to keep you informed and up-to-date on your credit happenings. You'll benefit from a comprehensive array of monitoring tools and resources, offered by a leader in the industry.