ADT Home Automation Reviews
The advancements in technology not only extend to our cell phones, cars, and computers, but also to how we manage our homes. ADT has been on the cutting edge of helping you protect your most important asset by supplying home security and home automation equipment.
What separates ADT from other providers is its stellar service record. For over 140 years, ADT has been an industry leader in providing top of the line security solutions for your home, so you can have peace of mind. Here's a closer look at the products it offers, as well as the pros and cons of using ADT.
ADT Home Automation Services and Packages
ADT offers a great mix of home security and home automation equipment to fit a variety of needs. Some of the equipment it offers includes:
- Motion detectors: With these, you can place them at strategic points in your home (hallways, room entry points) and they will alert you if an intruder breaks in.
- Video camera: After ADT installs security cameras in your home and around its perimeter, you can have access to these cameras anytime you want through your internet device, such as a smartphone or tablet. It's a great way to watch your kids when they come home from school or learn of whose visiting your home while you are away.
- Door and alarm sensors: Similar to motion detectors, these sensors will detect movements or points of penetration from an intruder then send a signal to your alarm system to thwart the burglar.
- Thermostat and lighting controls: Along with security, home automation allows you to manage your lighting and temperature features remotely through the web. The benefits of this is are you can manage your temperature settings to save on energy costs. Further, by adjusting your lighting at specific times –especially when it becomes dark- it adds another layer of security to make your home appear less enticing to thieves.
- Touch screen panel: Tying this together is the touchscreen panel, where you view your security cameras, adjust the heating/cooling systems, turn on or off lights and manage other features with just the push of a button.
Moreover, ADT offers three different packages you can choose from based on the level of access you would like to your security and home automation features. It's a hands-off approach whereby you receive all the benefits of a home security system, a six-month money back guarantee and a QSP warranty. However, you won't have access to any home automation features or video access to your home's security cameras.
Meanwhile, its remote package is more comprehensive in that you receive 24/7 monitoring from ADT first responders, carbon monoxide monitoring, and email/text alerts among other features. Lastly, its video package is perfect if you want to use ADT on the go with your mobile device, as you receive access to all the features in other packages as well as remote access to your home's security cameras. In addition, you have access to home automation features like remote door locks and lighting/thermostat controls, making it the total package.
Signing Up for ADT Home Automation
ADT has three ways for you to receive a quote/contact it for service. Of course, there's an online option. When you visit ADT's website, you can view its products then fill out the short form for an agent to contact you to receive your quote. There's also a live chat option. This is perfect if you want to receive a quote quickly and don't have
There's also a live chat option. This is perfect if you want to receive a quote quickly and don't have time or access to a phone line. Lastly, if you don't mind a phone option, you can just bypass the website and call ADT directly, where a specialist can learn more about your needs, match you with a package based on your preferences, provide a quote and even schedule an installation time, if you decide to try out its service.
ADT Home Automation Benefits
ADT offers a wide variety of equipment and package levels to align with most needs. In addition, its six-month money back guarantee is excellent in the regard you have the choice of trying its services, and if for any reason you don't receive full satisfaction, you can receive your money back.
ADT designed its products and services to be intuitive. You can easily receive a quote online using its live chat feature. Furthermore, you can use its mobile application as your home's command center, giving you access to security, lighting, and temperature control features. This provides you with amazing control, which can help you save money on your energy costs and possibly your home owner's insurance policy.
ADT Home Automation Drawbacks
One troubling aspect of ADT is in its traditional package offering, where access to its 24/7 monitoring from its first responders is optional. This, in some regards, conveys a poor product offering, because it's telling customers you won't have access to great service unless you upgrade to the next package option or choose it as an add-on feature. Other service providers don't do this, so it's important to keep this in mind when comparing ADT to its competitors.
ADT Home Automation Tools & Resources
ADT offers a home security section on its website, where you can view helpful articles on home security tips. As part of this, it has blog postings touching on how to identify deceptive door-to-door sales tactics, senior home safety tips and ways to keep your four-legged companions safe at home. These articles provide practical tips you can apply to help you and your loved ones remain safe.
ADT Customer Service
As noted previously, ADT makes it simple for you to contact its reps with email, phone, and live chat features. Their email and phone support options are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to better assist your needs. Moreover, its website offers a support center where you can access account features, FAQs and product guides.
ADT Home Automation Review Recap
ADT offers a diverse array of safety and home automation equipment that's perfect for varied needs. Additionally, with its excellent support features and easy to use web tools, ADT customized the experience to your needs to show its commitment to outstanding service.