AT&T internet plans & deals in 2021
- Flexible bundling options
- Quickly expanding fiber network
- DSL service available
- Extensive rural availability
- Data caps on some plans
- Contract required for best deals
COMPARE NOW: AT&T U-verse Internet Plans & Prices
Wondering if AT&T U-verse internet service is right for you? Our review will help you decide.
- Fiber optic availability
- 30,000+ Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide
- Flexible options for bundles
- AT&T Smart Wi-Fi - Stay connected room to room
- Combine your services with phone, TV and Internet bundles
- Availability in some rural areas
- 24/7 Technical support
- Customer service available 8am to 7pm local time
AT&T U-verse Internet Plans & Prices
AT&T U-verse Internet Plans
|AT&T Internet 100||100 Mbps||$45|
|AT&T Internet 300||300 Mbps||$55|
|AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||$70|
The availability of the AT&T internet plans is dependent on where you live. While it fails in comparison to the myriad offerings by comparable providers like Comcast, you still receive a healthy selection of AT&T internet plans.
Additionally, you will have access to AT&T WiFi hotspot if you purchase a package. AT&T WiFi hotspot is available in thousands of areas at no fee to the customer, and - better yet - AT&T offers an instant WiFi hotspot to anyone, but those who aren't subscribers will have to pay a fee.
AT&T U-verse Internet & TV Bundles
|AT&T Entertainment TV + Internet 100||100 Mbps||160||$94.98|
|AT&T Choice TV + Internet 100||100 Mbps||185||$99.98|
|AT&T Xtra TV + Internet 100||100 Mbps||235||$109.98|
|AT&T Ultimate TV + Internet 100||100 Mbps||250||$114.98|
With the U-verse TV bundles, you'll have access to digital TV packages, including U-Family TV, that is equipped with parental controls. AT&T also features parental controls for its internet service, dubbed Smart Controls.
This service, which is free of charge for AT&T internet customers, allows you to control what your children can do and view online. Wondering what you've been missing?
Take a closer look at their TV packages and every channel included with each one.
AT&T U-verse Triple Play Bundles
|AT&T DIRECTV Entertainment + Internet 100 + Phone Unlimited||100 Mbps||160||Unlimited||$109.98|
|AT&T DIRECTV Choice + Internet 100 + Phone Unlimited||100 Mbps||185||Unlimited||$114.98|
|AT&T Ultimate TV + Internet 100 + Unlimited Calling||100 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$119.98|
|AT&T DIRECTV Ultimate + Internet 100 + Phone Unlimited||100 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$129.98|
If you also want home phone service, U-Verse has you covered with this bundle option. This plan builds on the U-Verse TV + internet one with its digital home phone offering. Similar to the other U-Verse plan, it requires a one-year commitment and you can lock into your price during U-Verse promotional periods for two years.
By digital home phone offering, I'm referring to simply the digital home phone, which is now called AT&T Phone. However, you can opt for AT&T Phone in the bundle, as well as GoPhone Wireless home phone.
AT&T U-verse Internet Speeds
AT&T offers a variety of different high-speed internet options:
- 6 Mbps plan - This plan is perfect if you want to surf the web or check email, but don't require much in the way of streaming TV shows or playing video games online. When you sign up for this plan, you do receive the antivirus suite through McAfee to provide another layer of protection.
- Internet Max - which provides you with 12 Mbps. With this plan, you are able to view internet TV services such as Netflix and Hulu, though video gaming could be an iffy experience.
- U-Verse high-speed internet plan - With this plan, you receive 24 Mbps downstream speeds quick enough for your movie or TV show streaming needs. It's also the perfect plan if you want to connect multiple devices to the internet while not encountering a lag in service speeds.
Read More: AT&T Customer Reviews
- 45 Mbps plan - This internet access plan is best suited for connecting multiple devices and streaming shows or playing games on them. While this plan is great at the speeds it offers, it pales in comparison to some offerings from Comcast, where you can receive more than double of these downstream and upload speeds.
- Fiber optic internet - As noted above, this service allows you the fastest access to the items you want such as downloading 25 songs in a second. Furthermore, with upload speeds alongside download speeds.
Of course, if your location bars you access from any of the higher-tiered AT&T U-verse internet plans, you can always adopt AT&T dial-up internet, which is the slowest internet available from AT&T.
AT&T U-verse Internet Coverage
Use our internet provider zip code checker to see if services are available in your area. It will allow you to compare providers and plans available at your address. You can also check out the AT&T U-verse coverage map.
AT&T U-verse Equipment & Fees
One of the immediate benefits of the AT&T U-verse internet service is that you'll receive professional installation of all the necessary equipment after you select a plan.
If you sign up during a promotional period such as the holidays, you might not have to pay for the installation at all.
Here are your equipment options with AT&T U-verse:
- Wireless Gateway Modem - This serves as the connection hub throughout the home, where you can connect your devices via WiFi and depending on the speeds you select, stream video, play music and more.
- Internet security suite powered by McAfee - This internet security suite comes available with every internet plan, which, coupled with safe browsing behaviors, can keep your information safe.
- Fiber Optic Technology - Depending on which area you live in, you might be able to take advantage of fiber optic technology through AT&T. To give you an illustration of how fast this network is, AT&T boasts that you can download a 90-minutes movie in under 34 seconds.
Provider Comparison: AT&T vs Comcast: Which is Better?
AT&T U-verse Customer Service
While the support is much better than say Comcast, that is setting the bar quite low!
AT&T's customer service representatives are attentive, but be prepared for a sticker shock if you plan to stay with the company after your promotional period ends.
AT&T is a good option to consider, delivering a great selection of internet speeds and packages to satisfy a wide range of customer budgets and preferences.
Adding to its allure is its 99 percent internet connection reliability, free anti-virus software, and excellent entertainment bundling options you won't find with other providers.
With these things in mind, if you are seeking the best internet providers, like these here, you should give AT&T closer consideration.
AT&T Internet Plans FAQs
What is the best AT&T internet plan?
The best AT&T internet plan depends on your needs. Whether you're looking for a high-speed connection for streaming and downloading or high demand for your family, there's a plan to suit.
Can I get just internet from AT&T?
Yes. AT&T does offer internet only plans.
What does AT&T charge for internet only?
AT&T internet only plans cost between $20 to $70.
Can I cancel AT&T TV and keep internet?
Yes, you can cancel AT&T TV and switch to a cheaper internet only plan.