Of course, the rural area provider has competitors like Viasat to worry about, and that's why it's vying for your attention, with deals and other perks.
COMPARE NOW: HughesNet Internet Plans & Prices
Inside this guide, you'll find the important details regarding the HughesNet internet plans, including the internet connection speeds, the Hughesnet customer service, the tools and apps, and more.
Hopefully, by the time you finish this review, you'll know whether or not HughesNet satellite internet is right for you.
In This Guide
HughesNet Internet Plans
|Provider/Package||Download Speed||Monthly Price|
|Hughesnet Internet 10GB||25 Mbps||$59.99|
|Hughesnet Internet 20GB||25 Mbps||$69.99|
There are plenty of HughesNet internet plans for you to choose from, especially since the satellite internet provider has unveiled the Gen5 technology. And you know what Gen5 means? That's right, faster high-speed internet.
Overall, these internet access plans are fantastic if you happen to live in a rural area where only dial-up internet (and dial-up internet is just not feasible in today's society) is available and have a clear view of the southern sky.
Lets delve into each quickly:
- HughesNet 10 GB: This service plan is perfect for a single person or two who indulges on the internet.
- HughesNet 20 GB: This is best for a small family or a group of friends.
HughesNet Internet & Voice
|Provider/Package||Download Speed||TV Channels||Phone Plan||Monthly Price|
|Hughesnet Internet 10GB + Voice||25 Mbps||N/A||Unlimited||$84.94|
|Hughesnet Internet 20GB + Voice||25 Mbps||N/A||Unlimited||$94.94|
HughesNet doesn't offer any TV packages but they can offer you home phone and internet bundles.
HughesNet Internet Speeds
HughesNet offers a choice of satellite internet packages, with all packages offering download speeds of up to 25 Mbps. As is the case with most satellite services, you may experience latency that can impact the ability to engage in activities such as heavy gaming.
However, for day to day use and browsing, the speeds offered are perfectly sufficient. The amount of data allowance you get will depend on the package you opt for.
HughesNet Equipment & Fees
What's also included in these high-speed internet plans?
- Built-in WiFi - meaning that you can connect your home wirelessly, no hard data limits, meaning that once you exceed your data cap, you won't be cut off or charged more but instead face reduced speeds, video data saver, meaning that you can watch more videos while using less data, bonus zone (50 GB of free data between 2 AM and 8 AM, when internet congestion is less likely to occur), and free standard installation, though this can be a limited time offer.
- HughesNet Gen5 - offers a leading innovation in satellite internet with their 5th generation high-speed technology, and it is a serious high-speed option for those looking for the best performance with satellite.
- HughesNet's website is extremely in-depth and offers a generous amount of information geared towards informing and educating the consumer.
Related: Looking for bundles? You should take a look at these TV and internet bundles.
HughesNet Customer Service
HughesNet offers their customers several options for communication: phone, email, and online chat. Support via phone is accessible 24 hours daily, 7 days per week. The chat will connect you to a representative instantly to resolve issues. Email support should be used for less dire circumstances, as one can expect a response within 24 hours.
HughesNet customer reviews and company reputation are two great ways to determine whether or not you might enjoy a HughesNet internet package. On the Better Business Bureau, HughesNet is an Accredited Business with an A+ score.
Trustpilot, a website that ranks companies purely from customer reviews, rates HughesNet a 0.5/10. Keep in mind that the experiences of one customer are not representative of the company as a whole, but it is important to spot potential issues you may have with the company early nonetheless.
HughesNet is a great option for those in the market for satellite internet providers. While they have not received the highest rating for their customer service, in so many ways they offer a great product, at an exceptional price.
Their Gen5 service is an exciting option for speedy internet, and it's a highly innovative choice as an option for those in rural, remote or off-the-grid areas.