MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Lightning fast options
Multiple speed choices
Large bundle selection
Contract and no-contract options
Hotspot access away from home
Less than stellar customer service ratings
Known for its occasional outages
When looking for high-speed internet providers, Xfinity should make your cut, as it offers a wide range of plans available.
While Xfinity customer service is infamous for being subpar, the company makes up for it with its versatile offerings.
We'll summarize the pros and cons of Xfinity's internet packages to help you decide if this is the best internet service provider in your area.
Xfinity 400 Mbps Internet
Xfinity 800 Mbps Internet
Xfinity 1000 Mbps Internet
Xfinity internet packages in 2023
Xfinity internet service
One of the biggest selling points I found was the variety of Comcast internet plans you have access to through Xfinity high-speed internet services. Below is a closer look at the Xfinity internet plans offered and how they are applicable to your needs.
Xfinity internet only plans
Xfinity 400 Mbps Internet
Xfinity 800 Mbps Internet
Xfinity 1000 Mbps Internet
Xfinity 1200 Mbps Internet
Xfinity TV & internet packages
The Xfinity double play package combines the internet service with Xfinity cable TV packages.
This particular Xfinity Double Play bundle is suitable if you need to connect as many as eight or more devices to access the internet.
Xfinity internet deals
Xfinity Triple Play combines Comcast internet service, Xfinity cable TV, and home phone service. Xfinity TV options depend on your location - typically receive anywhere between 140 channels and 260 channels. Of course, you can also opt for the Xfinity Latino packages as well.
It is also good to note that, with these packages, you'll be able to receive several nifty perks, including Xfinity On Demand service, which grants you access to thousands of films and shows on demand. To clarify, you can access Xfinity On Demand when you select singular TV packages.
Xfinity internet speeds
As I examined the Xfinity high-speed internet offerings, it became apparent it offers speeds for every need, making it a great choice in this regard. While the Xfinity internet speeds can vary, depending on the plans offered in your respective service areas, you have access to download speeds ranging from 10 Mbps to 2,000 Mbps.
- 15-60 Mbps - Good for light streaming, downloading shows, music, and photos.
- Up to 150 Mbps - Good for multi-device streaming. Better for families.
- Up to 250 Mbps - Good for up to 11 devices so it's excellent for businesses!
- Up to 400 Mbps - This package is for heavy usage. Great for gaming.
- Up to 1000 Mbps - Good for unlimited devices. This is great for large businesses or a house full of gamers.
- High-speed internet: Xfinity internet plans offer more internet speeds than most internet service providers, with up to six speeds available, depending on where you live.
- Data cap: With Xfinity internet deals you'll find a 1.2TB data limit (although this can vary by location). Overage charges are issued if you go over your limit. However, with Xfinity Internet, there's an option to pay extra for unlimited data.
- Download speeds: Speeds may vary depending on where you live, but they offer speeds ranging from 50 Mbps up to 3,000 Mbps. You can use our Xfinity internet speed test to find availability in your area. You'll also find faster speeds with Xfinity fiber internet plans.
- Monthly costs: Prices vary by location, but their basic plans offer affordable options.
- Parental controls: There are features to help keep your kids safe on the internet, but they differ depending on the Xfinity device or modem you choose.
- Coverage: Availability can vary but you can check coverage at your home with the Xfinity coverage map.
- No contracts: If you don't want to sign a contract, Xfinity prepaid internet plans offer many of the same benefits as their postpaid internet plans. The plus is no credit checks, hidden costs, or additional fees.
- Bundle your services: Xfinity bundle deals can save you money if you're looking for top cable TV, Internet, and home phone service, with their double or triple play options.
- TV packages: As the largest cable TV provider in the US, you can choose from Xfinity Basic Cable, Xfinity Digital Extra, and Xfinity Digital Preferred, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: With Xfinity TV packages there's the option to add on premium channels like HBO Max, STARZ, SHOWTIME, although some of these are included with their higher tier packages. The Xfinity channel lineup starts from around 10+ channels, up to 185+.
- Self-installation: You could save on technician fees and install Xfinity TV yourself.
- VoIP: Xfinity Voice is a digital voice service (Voice over Internet Protocol). As it runs over your existing internet connection you can expect crystal clear calls.
- VoIP features: Get call forwarding, 3-way calling, call waiting, caller ID, and many more features available.
- Unlimited calls: Depending on the plan you choose you'll get unlimited local calls, but nationwide calls are an extra fee.
- International calls: Options are available with Xfinity phone services, at a small extra cost. If you opt for this you'll get international call options to Canada, China, India, Hong Kong, and more.
- Customer service: Find out more about customer satisfaction and what Xfinity customers are saying with Xfinity reviews.
- Increased competition: You can find out more about Xfinity services and their main competitors by comparing AT&T vs Xfinity, Xfinity vs Verizon FiOS, or compare satellite TV providers DIRECTV vs Xfinity and Dish vs Xfinity.
Xfinity internet availability
To see if the internet service provider is available in your area, you can use our convenient zip code checker tool. Or you can check out the Xfinity Coverage Map.
Xfinity internet in my area
|States Covered||39 states|
|Connection Type||Fiber & Cable|
|Internet Speeds||25Mbps - 2000Mbps (varies by area)|
|Contract||No Term, 1-year, 2-year|
Xfinity internet equipment & fees
Your Xfinity Package comes with a variety of things:
- Xfinity Wireless Gateway - This serves as both a router and cable modem. Of course, if you're not willing to rent the provider's cable modem, you can always purchase a cable modem from the provider's approved list.
- Constant Guard - Constant Guard provides you with unmatched protection with the top-rated security software and services, including Norton Security Suite (which is featured in our review of the "Best Antivirus Software"), Norton Mobile Security, Bot Detection and Removal, Identity Guard, Xfinity Toolbar, and Freedome VPN.
- Self-Install Kit - Once you sign up for internet service, Comcast Xfinity will mail you the kit, which includes all the equipment you need to activate services and instructions for installation. You won't have to deal with scheduling conflicts or pricey installation fees.
Xfinity internet customer service
For many, the quality of the Comcast customer service can be an influential factor in determining if the provider is right for them. Xfinity has been notorious for offering poor service to the point Trim created a chatbot for dealing with Xfinity's bad support.
Customer reviews and company reputation are two great ways to determine whether or not you might enjoy a Comcast internet plan. Comcast scored a 59/100 on the American Customer Satisfaction Index, far below the average score amongst its competitors.
Xfinity internet plans FAQs
What is the best Xfinity internet plan?
Xfinity offers a wide range of internet packages with different internet speeds and prices to suit most people's needs.
How much does Xfinity internet cost?
Xfinity offers internet plans with prices starting at $29.99 per month.
Does Xfinity offer internet only plans?
Yes, Xfinity has internet only plans.
Is Xfinity internet good?
Xfinity delivers a wide array of internet packages and speeds to give you some of the best internet deals around.
While Xfinity's customer service ratings are poor, and with limited internet options available at most locations, their speeds, pricing, and bundles still make them a decent service provider.