Healthy Paws Reviews
Here's a pet insurance company that both pets and pet owners love! Healthy Paws was established in 2009 with the intent to help pet owners obtain the best medical coverage possible for their pets. The company was founded by pet lovers who value and pride themselves on compassion, connection, communication and commitment.
Their commitment stems from their dedication to providing unparalleled customer service and support along with their ability to be able to help dogs and cats live longer and healthier lives through their medical coverage.
This review will discuss some details pertaining to the unique coverage plan offered by Healthy Paws, along with some pros and cons of the coverage and company overall and with any resources or insightful tools that would help you as a pet owner be able to make an informed decision on the ideal pet insurance option for your animal.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Coverage
Healthy Paws provides flexible coverage for dogs, cats, kittens and puppies. They help cover a variety of medical events including emergency care, injuries, genetic conditions hospitalization, prescriptions alternative treatment, cancer and other illnesses.
This company revolutionized the industry by creating the first ever iPhone app and got rid of requiring a claim form. Healthy Paws has a simple mantra: "If your pet needs treatment for any accident or illness, and it's not a pre-existing condition, you're covered".
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Benefits
Some of the benefits of having your animal insured with Healthy Paws include:
- Having just one insurance plan for your pet. Healthy Paws offers just one comprehensive insurance plan so it's easier to understand and manage. It's not uncommon for pet owners to have more than one coverage option or back up medical options for their pets in the event of a medical emergency. Since Healthy Paws offers such a wide range of coverage, there's no need to obtain any supplemental coverage.
- No caps on claims. Healthy Paws differentiates itself from competitors by being the only company to offer unlimited lifetime benefits to policyholders with an annual deductible. They offer lifetime coverage for pets and don't put a cap on claims. To receive lifetime coverage, your cat or dog must be enrolled before their 14th birthday.
- Customer Service. The team at Healthy Paws takes pride in their level of customer service. You can reach customer service representatives throughout the day by phone or email to get quick and thorough answers to your questions and guidance and support on any issues you may be experiencing. Current and past customers haven't hesitated to give Healthy Paws a 98% satisfaction rating at Pet Insurance Review.
- Fast claims. While not having to complete a tedious claims forms can save you plenty of time and frustration, it also speeds up the entire claims processing stage. Claims are usually processed within 3-10 business days which is convenient if you are in a hurry and need a response in a timely manner.
- The Foundation. Healthy Paws also has a foundation with a mission to help homeless pets receive medical care and get adopted. So far, the non-profit foundation has assisted hundreds of pet rescues and helped even more animal shelters be able to care for homeless, sick or hurt pets.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Disadvantages
While Healthy Paws offers some great coverage and benefits to customers, there are just a few disadvantages to obtaining a pet insurance policy with the company. It's important to keep in mind that Healthy Paws does have restrictions on coverage for congenital and hereditary conditions when covering illnesses and accidents, but that seems to be common among other policies across the board.
Like quite a few of their competitors, Healthy Paws doesn't cover the following: pre-existing conditions. They also don't cover the veterinary exam fee, or preventative care including annual check-ups, vaccinations, spay/neuter procedures and teeth cleaning.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Plans and Pricing
Healthy Paws offers affordable plans that start at $15 for cats and $25 for dogs. They offer free quotes on their website so you can add your personal needs and requirements to your quote along with your location and other details that will help give you a realistic expectation of how much the insurance will cost.
Overall, the company has a solid A rating the Better Business Bureau and a comprehensive policy plan.
Healthy Paws - How the Insurance Works
You're allowed to visit any licensed veterinarian of your choice once you are enrolled. After you are enrolled, there is a 15-day waiting period for accidents and illnesses and a 12-month waiting period for hip dysplasia.
After you visit the veterinarian, you can submit their invoice online and their claims department will process it in just a few days. Better yet, they'll cover up to 90% of your veterinarian bill and won't set a limit on the payout amount. For your first claim, you'll need your pet's medical records to have it completed.
Healthy Paws Insurance Resources
Healthy Paws' website is full of useful information, including a handy blog section that covers a variety of topics apart from pet insurance. The site offers the ability to file claims and update yur account online and get quotes. There is also a review and compare sections where you can view comparisons between Healthy Paws and other top pet insurance companies, look at consumer reviews, and compare the offered plans.
Healthy Paws seems to have an excellent reputation with consumers on review sites like Yelp. While even quality companies have an abundance of negative reviews, the majority of consumer reviews for Healthy Paws are positive. Customers are happy with low cost premiums and extremely quick responses. Reviews also mentioned pleasant experiences with customer service representatives who were helpful and friendly. While some reviews noted that rate increases did occur after a year, most increases were reasonable.
Healthy Paws Review Recap
Healthy Paws is one of the best providers for pet insurance in the market. The pet insurance company deserves a 5 star rating not only for its wide array of coverage events, but also for its strong credit rating and extensive relationship with vet networks across the country. The great reputation that they have garnished over the lifespan of their business is also something to consider.