The best cheap prepaid family phone plans in October
Prepaid family plans benefits
Outfitting the whole family with wireless service can get insanely expensive. We help you find the cheapest cell phone plans for 2 lines or more on the big name networks, at an affordable price.
There are plenty of reasons to go with one of these alternative providers:
- Same nationwide coverage: MVNOs run on the three major networks. That means that carriers like Mint Mobile and Tello give you the same nationwide coverage and 4G LTE data you're used to.
- Much lower prices: Most smaller carriers operate solely online. This allows them to give you better rates without sacrificing your favorite network.
- Same great phone service: Don't give up your mobile essentials just to stay on budget. Low cost plans include all the most popular feature options. Compare cheap family plans with unlimited talk text and data, or choose one with mobile hotspot use.
- No contracts: Most MVNOs only sell no contract cell phone plans. You won't have to make any commitments. Switch carriers at any time if you find a better deal.
- Bring your own phones: Not ready to commit to $30 a month in device payments for each family member? No problem. Compare BYOP plans and keep your phones and your phone numbers.
- Customize your plans: One of the best things about smaller carriers is that you can mix and match plans to fit each person. Get unlimited data plans for the heavy users and basic phone plans for everyone else.
- Great customer service: Stop being an anonymous number in the hordes of customers. Low cost carriers are known for providing high quality customer support. Read our carrier user reviews to help you pick a provider.
T-Mobile prepaid family plans
|T-Mobile||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
Mint Mobile multi-line plan pricing
|Mint Mobile||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
Verizon prepaid family plans
|Verizon||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Play More Unlimited||$80||$140$70/line||$165$55/line||$180$45/line|
|Do More Unlimited||$80||$140$70/line||$165$55/line||$180$45/line|
|Get More Unlimited||$90||$160$80/line||$195$65/line||$220$55/line|
Reach Mobile multi-line plan pricing
|Reach Mobile||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
AT&T prepaid family plans
|AT&T||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
Pure Talk multi-line plan pricing
|Pure Talk||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
Prepaid family plans features
- 4G LTE and 5G data speeds: Get the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage as your chosen network. Plus most smaller carriers include 5G coverage at no extra cost.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: No need to sacrifice your must have features. Most smaller carriers give you unlimited calling and texting. You then add the necessary data amounts for each person.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: Need international calling? Compare the best international phone plans. You can find free international texting and talk to places like Canada and Mexico. Plus you'll get great rates to other countries.
- Multiline discounts: Smaller carriers offer the cheapest family cell phone plans. Manage multiple lines on your account from one place.
- Wi-Fi calling: Make calls over the internet when you're out of cellular range.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans. Carriers like Mint Mobile let you share your phone data. Others, such as US Mobile, also sell separate hotspot data.
- HD video streaming: Get HD video streaming with subcarriers like Boost Mobile.
Prepaid family plans comparison chart
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Twigby||Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||5GB||$12.50** 50% Off for 6 Months|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||30GB||$30Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
How to switch to a cheaper prepaid family plan
It's never been easier to switch. Let's break it down.
- Customize your plans. Choose a carrier with options to fit everyone in your family.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure your old bills are paid up and your phones are unlocked. If you're getting new devices it's easy to transfer everything from the old ones to the new ones. Even if you're going from an iPhone to Android, and vice versa.
- Set up your new plans. Keep everyone's accounts open until your phone numbers are ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old account. If you bought cell phones with your family plan they should be ready to go when they arrive. If you're bringing your own phones then you'll need to follow the instructions that come with the new SIM card kits.
Prepaid family plans FAQs
Who has the best prepaid family plan?
Which carrier has the best family plan?
The best is personal to each family member's needs. Some MVNOs like Tello have the option to customize each individual line so you only pay for what you need.
Are family plans cheaper than individuals?
If you're looking for more than one line then family plans are a cheaper option. Most carriers offer a discount for each additional line added.
MVNOs offer a low cost option to purchase multiple lines so you can save even more money by finding a cheap family phone plan.
Each low cost carrier provides different benefits, so the best is personal to you and your family's needs. Some allow you to customize each individual line specific to every family member and other's offer an app to make it easy to keep track of everyone's use.
We're here to bring transparency to telecoms, putting power back in your hands. This guides everything we do.
- We've got high standards. We use our industry expertise to find carriers that reach these standards. We all deserve the best value for money, choice and customer experience.
- We care about accuracy. MoneySavingPro is run by cell phone geeks and money saving obsessives. Our content team researches everything thoroughly so that information you read here will give you the whole picture. Everything we do is backed up by the data.
- We keep things simple. It's our job to break down what you need to know, so you can make informed choices.