CenturyLink internet speeds & prices in October
Speeds up to 1000 Mbps
Price for life option
Mediocre customer service reputation
Slow DSL speeds
When searching for internet in your area, you'll want to find one that offers dependability, excellent technical support and ways to bundle the internet with other services.
The problem is that, depending on where you live, there are plenty of competitors and lots of information to pore over. For those who live where CenturyLink offers service, they provide a solid Internet option at affordable rates.
We've spent the time researching CenturyLink's service packages and compiling the data to help you absorb and digest the information.
Inside this review, you'll find details on the available CenturyLink bundles, the internet access plans, customer service, perks and features, and more. This should provide you will all the information to decide whether or not you'd like to become a CenturyLink customer.
CenturyLink internet plans & prices
CenturyLink internet packages offer 2 download speed choices - 100Mbps and 940Mbps.
CenturyLink internet only deals
|CenturyLink Internet 100 Mbps||100 Mbps||$49|
|CenturyLink Internet 940 Mbps||940 Mbps||$65|
CenturyLink bundle deals
|CenturyLink Internet + Phone||100 Mbps||Unlimited||$85|
If you would like to bundle internet and TV services, then Century Link has you covered, which are locked in price for a grand total of five years. Below is a look at some of the ones it offers:
With this offering, you receive 40 Mbps of Centurylink high-speed internet service. When you sign up for this plan, you receive a one-year price guarantee and free activation and shipping on your internet supplies.
CenturyLink internet speeds
CenturyLink gives you a few internet options:
- 100 Mbps - Of course, if you demand higher speeds, you can always opt for the 140 Mbps high-speed internet service option, which is distributed via a fiber-optic network.
- 940 Mbps - If you're a speed demon, you should certainly consider CenturyLink fiber.
To see if CenturyLink is available in your area, you can use our internet provider by zip code tool.
If you prefer, you can also view the CenturyLink coverage map.
CenturyLink availability in my area
CenturyLink internet features
|Services:||Internet/Landline/TV (Partnered with DIRECTV)|
|States Covered:||35 states|
|Connection Type:||Fiber & DSL|
|Internet Speeds:||12Mbps - 1,000Mbps (varies by area)|
|On Demand Library:||25,000+|
|Contract:||No term, 2-year|
CenturyLink equipment & fees
When you sign up for its internet services, you receive many perks such as a 30-day money back guarantee.
Along with this, you'll receive:
- 24/7 technical support - This is a huge perk, as it indicates its tech reps will be available to assist you anytime you need them to. You can access phone support whenever you need it or use the remote online assistance feature to gain access to the help you require.
- CenturyLink Ease - With this, you receive a wealth of security support services such as Identity Theft Protection, Antivirus software through Norton and automatic cloud backup. Combined these services give you the following benefits:
- Storage: You can have all your videos, files, and pictures stored on the cloud securely. This is a priceless benefit in that protects your most critical information while giving you access to it anytime you need it.
- Built-in WiFi system - This is a must for many households, as it allows you to connect your devices to the internet wirelessly. If you plan to have multiple devices connected, you will want to opt for a higher speed of service so you don't experience slow connection speeds.
COMPARE NOW: Search for internet providers in my area by ZIP code
CenturyLink customer service
CenturyLink offers technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week and also has a live chat option available.
CenturyLink customer reviews and company reputation are two great ways to determine the quality of its overall service. The American Customer Satisfaction Index gave CenturyLink a 63 rating, a five-percent increase from the previous year.
This places CenturyLink below other internet service providers such as Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, and Time Warner Spectrum. This shows that CenturyLink has ways to go to be on the same level of support as some of the top providers in its field.
CenturyLink company details
|Headquarters:||100 CenturyLink Dr. Monroe, LA 71203|
CenturyLink Internet Plans FAQs
What is the best CenturyLink internet plan?
The best CenturyLink internet plan depends on your needs. Whether you're looking for a high-speed connection for streaming and downloading or high demand for your family, there's a plan to suit.
Can I get just internet from CenturyLink?
Yes. CenturyLink does offer internet only plans.
What does CenturyLink charge for internet only?
CenturyLink internet only plans cost between $20 to $70.
Can I cancel CenturyLink TV and keep internet?
Yes, you can cancel CenturyLink TV and switch to a cheaper internet only plan.
CenturyLink offers enticing options such as affordable plans with no installation and activation fees.
Its internet services won't be the fastest you'll find, but it makes up for it with great benefits such as security suites--additional costs apply--24/7 technical support and great resources to help you along the way.
The biggest concern with CenturyLink rests with its poor customer service, which scores below the industry benchmark set by The American Customer Satisfaction Index.
How does CenturyLink stack up against the competition? Find out by reading our review of the best internet providers for rankings, comparison, and analysis.