Cox cable packages & prices in 2022
2 TB capacity DVR
Customizable channel packages
Limited channel counts
Spotty customer support reputation
Cox delivers innovations you won't find with many cable TV providers. With that said, you might find the customer service lacking.
With other cheap cable TV providers out there, complete with the lowest prices, choosing Cox can be a little difficult for you.
However, you should first see what packages Cox offers, so you can compare and contrast the packages of your local cable companies.
Inside this review, you'll learn more about the available TV packages (including high definition TV), the equipment charges, the deals, the customer service, and more.
Hopefully, with our help, you'll be able to decide whether or not Cox Cable TV packages are right for you.
Cox cable TV packages
Cox touts over three million customers use its TV services. A big reason for this concerns its new Contour feature, offering customers a user-friendly experience that is second to none.
Some of the features included in this is a voice command remote control, an innovative on-screen guide that can show up to two weeks of programming, and suggestions on shows you might like based on your viewing habits.
Cox offers TV packages with a baseline of channel offerings then gives you the choice to select from different packages, which includes groupings of channels based on interests such as news, sports, and more. Below is a closer look at some of the plans it offers.
Cox TV plans
|Cox Contour TV Starter||75||$53|
|Cox Contour TV Preferred||140||$98|
|Cox Contour TV Preferred Plus||170||$118|
|Cox Contour TV Ultimate||250||$138|
Cox cable & internet packages
|Cox Internet Preferred 250 + Contour TV Preferred||250 Mbps||140||$147.99|
|Cox Internet Essential 100 + Contour TV Preferred||100 Mbps||140||$147.99|
|Cox Internet Ultimate 500 + Contour TV Preferred||500 Mbps||140||$167.99|
|Cox Internet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred||1000 Mbps||140||$197.99|
Cox cable deals
|Cox Internet Preferred 250 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||250 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$167.99|
|Cox Internet Essential 100 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||100 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$167.99|
|Cox Internet Ultimate 500 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||500 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$187.99|
|Cox Internet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||1000 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$217.99|
Cox TV channels
For an entire list of the channels available to you, check out our Cox Channel Guide.
Cox premium channels
Cox cable availability
|States Covered||18 states|
|Connection Type||Fiber & Cable|
|Internet Speeds||10Mbps - 1,000Mbps (varies by area)|
Cox DVR & TV equipment
Cox offers innovative DVR technology through Contour. Along with easy searching tools and voice command options, you have access to store up to 1,000 hours of programming with its DVR service. This makes it a better option than other providers, who offer only a fraction of that storage space.
- On-Demand - On-demand programming allows accessing shows, movies, and more whenever you want. Cox makes this feature available through its Contour service, where you can binge your favorite shows or take in a hit movie with a press of a button.
Cox cable customer service
Customer service for cable companies has not been the best, and Cox hasn't done much to change that perception. The American Customer Satisfaction Index scored Cox at 59, placing the customer support and technical support in the bottom quarter of subscription service providers.
Keep in mind that the experiences of one customer are not representative of the company as a whole, but it is important to spot potential issues you may have with the company early nonetheless.
We also have customer support numbers for Cox Cable, if you're seeking a representative.
- High-speed internet: Cox internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- Data caps: All Cox internet deals come with a large 1.25 TB data cap.
- Download speeds: Speeds can vary depending on location, but Cox internet plans range from around 25 Mbps up to 1,000 Mbps. You can check your address with our Cox internet speed test, to see if you can get Cox fiber internet in your area.
- Affordable prices: The best will depend on what services you want and your personal needs, but Cox offers affordable options for all budgets.
- Coverage: For options in your area you can check the Cox coverage map using your ZIP code to find the best deals at your home.
- Prepaid plans: Cox prepaid internet (called StraightUp Internet) is available. You pay upfront each month, so with no contract, you have the flexibility to change your plan at any time.
- Bundle your services: You can save money with Cox bundle deals. Whether you're looking at bundling TV, Internet, and phone or just two services, there are plenty of products and services to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from Cox Contour TV Starter, Cox Contour TV Preferred, Cox Contour TV Preferred Plus, and Cox Contour TV Ultimate, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Cox TV packages start from around 75+ up to 250+ channels. The Cox channel lineup varies with the packages and they make them easily customizable so you can add 4 premium channels; HBO Max, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, and STARZ at an affordable price.
- VoIP calling: Cox home phone offers a digital phone service with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for crystal clear calling.
- Calling features: Cox Voice plans include nationwide calling, readable voicemail, robocall blocking, enhanced 911, and more.
- Unlimited calling: With Cox phone services you'll get free unlimited calls within the US and the US territories as well as Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
- International calls: For a small additional fee you can add international calling to over 230 countries.
- Customer service: Find out more on customer satisfaction and what Cox customers are saying with Cox reviews.
Comparing Cox TV packages
Before we dive into our full review, you'll want to think about:
- Does Cox cover the area you live in?
- Are there any specific channels you can't live without?
- Do you want to bundle your services or do you just want TV?
Cox TV packages FAQs
What is the best Cox TV package?
The best Cox TV package will depend on your needs and the area you live in. So be sure to check the deals in your region.
How much does Cox TV cost?
Cox TV packages start from $20 and can range up to $80. You can choose stand alone TV or double or triple up with internet and phone.
Cox TV offers many attractive elements such as no-contract plans, free installation, and a money back guarantee. Furthering its appeal is its Contour service, which is customer-friendly to use.
At the same time, Cox charges more for its TV packages than you will find with other providers. Adding more concern is the fact its customer support is well below par relative to other companies in its segment.