Allstate Renters Insurance Review
"You're in good hands" with the trusted dependability and security of the Allstate family. In operation since 1931, the Allstate insurance company is the second largest personal insurer in the United States. They're more than equipped to provide protection on various types of incidents ranging from auto collisions to home and renters insurance. The standard coverage includes personal property protection, reimbursed living expenses, liability protection, and guest medical protection. To add to their suite of features, they provide unparalleled support at a price you can afford.
It's hard to beat Allstate's strong financial rating, and their policies provide reduced premiums which can be further reduced if you combine your auto and health policies. Opening a renters insurance account couldn't be easier with their user-friendly website and abundance of educational resources readily available at Allstate.com. Here are the main points to keep in mind when purchasing your policy online or at a local agency:
- Dollar amount of coverage
- Cash value or replacement cost
- Location and previous claims
One of the biggest imperfections about this company is that it was ranked the "Worst Insurer" by the American Association for Justice in 2008. Since then, it has worked hard to regain its reputation. Companies that rate institutions on their financial worth like A.M. Best and Moody's Investors Service have given Allstate high marks. These are commendable rating institutions and just another reason to put your trust in Allstate.
Allstate Renters Insurance Advantages & Disadvantages
Allstate is the largest publicly-held property and casualty insurer in America. This time-tested company has been around for decades, and they are certainly a name that can be trusted. Having such a long history vouches for their financial stability, so you can be assured they will not have a problem coming through on a claim.
Standard coverage takes care of possessions at home and during travels. Allstate offers discount bundles for those who have multiple policies, including auto insurance. Discounts for those who have safety features such as sprinklers, burglar alarms, and fire alarms are also available. Allstate's coverage calculator is an excellent tool offered to assist you in determining the value of your items.
Occasionally, there may be some run-around on the phones, when attempting to reach the right person or service. Allstate has been plagued by some negative reviews and complaints on customer service in the past.
Allstate Renters Insurance Costs
Allstate's Renters Insurance offers cost-effective, yet very good coverage for the middle-class renter. The average cost for monthly premiums is $16, making this company an extremely affordable option. Maximum liability coverage is $300,000, and maximum property coverage is $150,000, with a really low deductible of $250; which is, by all accounts, extremely attractive.
Allstate Renters Insurance Customer Service
The customer service from Allstate is great, despite past issues, and they offer a great amount of support via telephone. Claims representatives are available 24 hours a day. Online support is also offered, with fully functional account details that enable you to pay bills, change your policy, and keep track of claims on your own terms. Some users have reported dealing with less-than-knowledgeable international customer service reps in their initial calls looking to gain info, however, this is not the standard level of service to be expected.
Allstate Renters Insurance Tools and Apps
Allstate's Digital Locker app allows you to keep abreast of your coverage from anywhere
- Coverage calculator assists you in determining the amount of coverage needed by assessing the value of your items.
- Widely available coverage.
- One of the most trusted names in the renter's insurance industry.
- Low premiums and low deductibles.
- Discounts are available for service bundles when there is more than one policy involved.
- 24/ 7 support available.
Allstate Renters Insurance Plans
- Personal Property Coverage: The basic coverage that takes care of your possessions in the event of a fire, theft, or other type of covered circumstance. Furniture, clothing, electronic items and computers are among the items you can expect to be covered.
- Scheduled Personal Property: For higher-priced items, this coverage takes care of the cost where Personal Property coverage leaves off. It can be added to your policy to cover specific items, such as items of jewelry, expensive electronics, or anything else you may own of significant value.
- Reimbursed Living Expenses: Helps to take care of the increased cost of living, such as covering the cost of food and a temporary place to live if a covered loss causes your home to be uninhabitable.
- Liability Coverage: This coverage covers the legal expenses, medical expenses, and other damages that may arise if anyone should get injured in your home and subsequently sue you.
- Guest Medical Coverage: Should someone get injured on the property you are renting, this insurance will cover the cost of necessary medical expenses, such as the cost of X-rays or ambulance service.
- Identity Restoration Coverage: In situations of extreme identity theft, if you are a victim, this coverage will help take care of the damage you sustain as a result. This can be added to your renter's insurance policy, and you will be guided by fraud specialist as you do so.
Allstate Renters Insurance - Important Add-Ons
Flood Insurance: It typically does not cover your possessions if you're relying on your landlord's policy. It will most likely only be covering the building. Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the US, so if you live in an area where there is a likelihood of flooding, you may want to consider adding this to your policy.
Personal Umbrella Insurance: If your lifestyle puts you into a category of risk, having some additional liability coverage may be a good idea in the event you may be sued for millions. This is common for some dog owners, hunters, etc.
Allstate Renters Insurance - What to Consider
- Allstate is a very trusted name in insurance: with that comes reliability and knowing your coverage is going to protect you.
- Great customer service: if you need assistance, they're available to help, 24/7.
- A wide array of additional types of coverage: which can be added onto your policy to fit your needs.
- Extremely affordable: Allstate offers some of the most economical renter's insurance coverage available, with policies as low as $16/ monthly.
- Service bundles are available: if you are interested in receiving discounts for having multiple methods of coverage with Allstate.
Allstate Renters Insurance Review Recap
Allstate is widely known for being great at insuring, regardless of the type of coverage you're seeking. Their renter's insurance is no different and is a great option for those looking for top affordability of coverage they can trust. Lots of options are available, and they do their best to make their digital services very user-friendly. Overall, this is a great company, and you can't go wrong if you opt to use them.
Allstate is worth considering because the company has stellar customer service, a breadth of options when it comes to renters insurance, and flexibility in the payment of premiums. It's received high ranking marks from premier institutions including an A+ by Best Insurance Reports and maintains a strong economic status. Despite the few negative reviews, it's still an excellent insurer. Review its services one more time.