Dish Network Internet
If you are looking for bundled satellite internet and television services, Dish Network offers a choice of entry level and comprehensive packages to suit different needs. Already a household name for its satellite television services under its Dish brand, the provider now offers satellite internet for all those who struggle to get wired broadband from traditional ISPs. For those who go for one of the bundled plans from Dish Network there are also discounts available, which represent greater value for money. This includes a waiver of the usual activation fee when you bundle your services.
While the speeds available with satellite internet are generally not the fastest, DishNet is decent for those who cannot get wired services and is certainly preferable to dial-up speeds. Even with the entry level package, you can get speeds of up to 5 Mbps and with the Premium package you get up to 10Mbps. You will also benefit from up to 30GB of data each month depending on the package you choose. While the packages from this provider are fine for general use, those who are into hardcore gaming may struggle due to poor latency, a common issue with satellite internet.
Though not accredited, Dish has received a very good A- rating from the Better Business Bureau. On review sites such as Yelp and Viewpoints, the provider has received average ratings for customer service as well as for reliability.
Dish Satellite Internet - Prices and Fees
If you're looking for a budget-friendly option on satellite internet, you will probably love what they have to offer. DishNet has gained a serious reputation for affordability coupled with availability. As they're known to be very cost-effective, they provide many opportunities for their customers to save additionally on their internet services, especially when bundling their internet with other services such as television. Bundling generally saves about $10 per month and plans range from $39.99 - $69.99 per month. For equipment leasing, they charge a monthly fee of $10. There is no installation fee, which is fantastic, however, there is a one-time setup fee of $99.
Dish Satellite Internet - Customer Service
DishNet offers great customer service, whether you opt to contact them directly or if you want to attempt to solve the issue yourself. Their representatives are known to handle problems efficiently and effectively. While there are mixed reviews out there for Dish Network and a generally average consensus on their customer service, we appreciate how easy they are to get in touch with and how many options they make available to their customers.
Customer service is available via phone, email, and live chat 24/7, and these are their best methods by which you may reach them. And, as an added plus, they even offer social media as a method by which you can contact them, so feel free to reach out to them via Facebook, Twitter, and/ or YouTube if that's more your thing.
Dish Satellite Internet - Tools and Apps
- Customer service is available not only through phone, email, and live chat; Dish Network also offers the opportunity to contact them via YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
- A resource center is offered on Dish's website, offering additional ways of troubleshooting and problem solving without having to reach a professional in the process.
- DishNet's technology was designed to provide internet service, regardless of the weather.
Dish Satellite Internet Plans
Here is an overview of the basic internet plans from Dish Network. Other options may be available depending on what's available in your area.
- Internet 10: $39.99 monthly, you get a download rate of 10 Mbps, an upload rate of 5 Mbps, anytime data allowance of 10GB, with an additional 50GB of data. This plan is extremely basic, and it is very much an economical, bare-minimum option.
- Internet 10 Plus: $49.99 monthly, the download rate with this plan is 10 Mbps and the upload rate is 5 Mbps, along with anytime data usage of 10GB, and 50GB for use during off-peak hours. What sets this plan apart from the Internet 10, is that for an additional $10/ month, you get normal web browsing and email usage after you've hit the monthly allowance cap.
- Internet 50 Plus: $69.99 monthly with 15 Mbps download rate and 10 Mbps upload rate. This package will get you the most monthly bandwidth at the fastest speeds possible, with the least amount of restrictions. 50GB anytime data, with an additional 50GB for use at off-peak times.
Several Discounts Are Available
Dish Network is really great about offering discounts, particularly for those who wish to bundle services, such as adding satellite internet to their television service or adding on phone service as well. This usually saves you about $10 per month. We find their waving of the activation fee when bundling to be especially appealing.
Other Factors to Consider
As an option for satellite internet, Dish Network is great. Though it may not have the super high speeds some their competitor's offer, what they do have as major benefits are the great prices, convenient bundle packages, the widely available service that can be provided extensively throughout the US, and a nice range of options to choose between to fit your own personal needs. If you want a cost-effective option for your internet needs, wherever you may be located, Dish can most likely provide it.
Dish Internet Review Verdict
For day to day browsing and general usage, the internet services from Dish should prove perfectly sufficient for the average household or individual. It certainly provides an excellent alternative to dial-up or having no internet service at all. When bundled with television services they offer pretty good value for money.
Though Dish is not the most technologically advanced, or the fastest in this market, their strengths lie in their reliability and affordability. When it comes to satellite internet, finding a company that can handle your level of usage, while being cost effective, and is available in your area is essential. With Dish, you are pretty likely to be able to have their service due to their extensive availability in all 50 states in the US and be able to find one of their affordable satellite internet plans that fit your requirements.
They make it very easy to be a customer, offer great accommodations for those who want to bundle services together, and by offering a nice range of data options so that you can decide what works for you in particular. Overall, they offer a very good service and value combination.