In today's digital world, many of us have electrical gadgets such as smartphones and tablets that we no longer use. With many people upgrading to newer models on a regular basis, many decide to sell their old device because it is still in good working order.
This is a process that has become far easier over recent years, with a wide range of websites that focus on the purchase and sale of used electronics. By using the right sites, you can sell your electrical items with ease and speed as well as making money on them.
Our list of top sites to sell your smartphone and other electronics can help you to make the right choice and get the best deal on your electronic devices.
Key Factors When Selling Your Electronics
There are some factors to consider when selling your phone so you can ensure you meet the criteria and that the site is the best one for your needs. Key factors include:
- The timing of your sale: This can make a big difference to the amount you get. Ideally, you should sell your phone just as the newest model gets released
- Backing up your data: You need to ensure you back up your data beforehand so you do not lose your vital information such as contacts and photos
- Deactivation: You should get your handset deactivated with your carrier before you sell it
- Phone unlocking: Get your phone unlocked. You can do this yourself or through a mobile repair service.
- Security: Make sure you remove the SIM card from your phone and wipe your personal data by carrying out a factory reset.
Why Sell Your Used Electronics Online?
There are many reasons why you should consider selling your electronics online. Some of the main ones include:
- You can make more money than trading it in, particularly if the item is in good working condition
- It is an eco-friendly method of getting rid of unwanted electronic items
- It is a simple and efficient means of selling your items
- You can de-clutter your home with greater ease
The Top Sites to Sell Electronics
We have put together a list of sites where you can buy and sell used electrical items. These sites offer a range of benefits if you are looking to sell your devices. Our top picks include:
- Simplicity and convenience if you want to sell your device
- Access to a mobile app as well as the ability to sell via the full site
- You can get an instant quote by simply scanning or entering the barcode
- You benefit from free shipping with a prepaid shipping label
- After receiving your item, the company processes the payment the day after the inspection
- They reserve the right to not pay you for rejected items- and they will not return the items
- You don't get a huge amount for your items
Decluttr purchases a range of electrical items and provides a smooth, speedy, and efficient service for those looking to sell their devices. This provides you with a great way to make extra cash without going to too much trouble, which is why the site has become so popular.
- Direct dealings with potential buyers
- Secure transactions via PayPal
- Simple process to sell your phone
- There are no fees to pay
- PayPal is the only method of payment
- There is an expiration date on your listing
- Seller is responsible for device and it's condition until it gets to the buyer
When you use Swappa, you can benefit from using a site that acts like an online community for the sale and purchase of used items. With this site, you can engage in direct communication to sell your used electrical to others.
- Sending your item is easy with a free shipping kit
- You can sell a range of electrical devices
- Free collection of the electrical item package from your address
- A simple online sales process
- Get an instant quote after entering your item details online
- The payout for sold items is lower because the service is simpler
- If your evaluation doesn't line up with the online questionnaire your offer may decrease accordingly
- If a new offer is sent- you have 5 days to accept/reject the offer. If you don’t choose before the 5 days are up the offer is automatically accepted
Gazelle has become a very popular site for those that want to sell cell phones and other electronic devices. The site has been operational since 2007, so you know that you are dealing with a reputable company with a solid background when you sell your device via this site.
How to Save Even More Money
- They can offer cheaper cell phone plans because they do not run their own networks but run off the networks of others.
- With some MVNOs you can even use your existing phone if they offer BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) plans.
- You can use the same 4G LTE mobile network you use now
- Most offer customized plans to suit your needs
- The process is very simple
Another thing to consider is getting a refurbished phone. You can get these from reputable sites where they are inspected for quality and come with a warranty, which can save you a lot of money compared to buying the same model from brand new.
If you have any used electrical items in your home that you no longer want or need, selling via these sites can be very beneficial.
It means that you can get rid of clutter from your home, earn some extra money, and give someone else the chance to access affordable electrical devices.