So you have your Apple iPhone 5 lying around, but is it worth anything? Yes! Want to sell your iPhone 5? Then you should certainly refer to this guide.
Where can you sell your iPhone 5?
There are various ways to sell your iPhone 5, including:
- ecoATM - You can deposit your iPhone 5 at an ecoATM, which will accept working and broken iPhones. Furthermore, you'll be paid instantly!
- Physical Retailers - Stores like Walmart, Best Buy, and many wireless carriers will happily purchase your iPhone 5 from you.
- Locally - Fortunately and while technically online, you can establish local exchanges with the use of Craigslist and similar sites.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Online stores like Amazon and Target will accept your iPhone 5.
- Online Retailers - You can sell directly to consumers via online retailers with sites like Amazon (once again) and eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Trade-in sites like Glyde, Swappa, and Gazelle will pay a decent price for your used iPhone 5.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Simply put, selling your phone online is a better experience compared to offline. Why?
1. You'll save time, money, and energy
Without stepping into your car, you'll be able to receive a quote for your phone and ship it (most often at no charge) with a shipping kit provided.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
More often than not, online sites will pay you more compared to in-store trade-ins.
3. It's likelier you'll be paid in cash
More physical retailers may limit you to a credit option compared to online companies. Many online companies may offer check, gift card, credit, direct deposit, etc.
Trading in your old iPhone 5 for cash online
Still interested in selling your iPhone 5? Typically, at an online trade-in company, you'll need to:
1. Select the type of phone/carrier.
2. Choose the condition of your phone (good, fair, broken, etc.).
3. Receive your quote.
4. Ship your phone and receive payment.
Do note that you should compare iPhone 5 quotes between trade-in companies to receive the most money for your device.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
If you have a cracked or broken phone, most trade-in companies will still purchase the phone from you. You'll receive less cash/credit, but it's better than having a broken phone lying around.
Before you sell your iPhone 5, reset it!
Before you factory reset your iPhone 5, you should back up your data to the iCloud. To reset your phone:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset
2. Select "Erase All Content and Settings"
3. Input your passcode if prompted
4. Tap "Erase" to confirm factory reset